RN - Prepost/PACU - PEI
This job has now expired
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Phillips Eye Institute (PEI), located in Minneapolis, Minn., is the nation's third largest specialty hospital dedicated to eye diseases and disorders. PEI draws nearly 16,000 inpatients and outpatients each year from a five-state region. Its 180 employees and more than 160 affiliated physicians provide an array of services, from diagnostic tests and vision rehabilitation to laser eye treatments and specialized eye surgery.
- Admission nursing assessment, Pre-op care which includes nursing assessment, IV starts, sedation monitoring, airway management.
- Post-op care which includes nursing assessment, first and second stage recovery, pain assessment/treatment and education/discharge instructions.
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills, able to work in a fast changing high paced environment with continual change.
- Patient and family focused.
- Demonstrates reliability in working scheduled hours.
- Current RN license in State of Minnesota.
- Current BLS, ACLS.
- Current RN eye experience required.
- IV starts, rhythm interpretation, sedation monitoring with airway management.
- Critical thinking skills able to work closely with physicians, patients, families and co-workers.
- Collect data in a systematic and on going process, integrates data to identify needs, patterns and variances.
- Implements interventions in a safe, timely, appropriate manner.
RN hires with less than 1 year of RN experience must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing (American Association of Colleges of Nursing or The National League for Nursing) which is inclusive of a clinical rotation in an acute care facility.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Part time position (32 hours per week)
- Shift: Day/Evening
- Occasional weekends
- Contract: MNA
Minneapolis boasts being both cosmopolitan yet small enough that you can find a place to call home whether on a lake, golf course, or in an adjoining suburb. With the fast pace of activity there are professional sports, theater, or enough parks for a quiet walk. The area has numerous schools and colleges, both public or private, and enough teams for all weekend athletes to join.
- Located in Minneapolis
- Population = 380,000
- Service Area = 2,882,245
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA