Manager, Sourcing II
This job has now expired
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Allina Commons is the Minneapolis-based headquarters of Allina Health, a not-for-profit health care organization serving patients and communities. Approximately 1,600 corporate and administrative service employees work at offices within Midtown Exchange, site of the historic Sears retail complex at Chicago Avenue and E. Lake Street. This community landmark, adjacent to the campus of Allina's Abbott Northwestern Hospital, is the second largest building in Minnesota and includes offices, an internationally themed public market and residential units.
- The Sourcing Manager will collaborate with clinical and operational leaders across Allina to manage equipment and purchased services and related consumables expense with a goal of optimizing Allina's profitability.
- As a Supply Chain leader, assess the strengths, monitor performance and coach/develop team members; manage workload, prioritization, balance, and accuracy.
- In meeting department goals this manager will ensure integration of business, finance, supply chain, and operational strategies to optimize departmental and/or clinical service line financial performance
- Additionally, this manager will develop and implement increasingly dynamic supplier performance strategies, an integrated approach to supply channel/inventory management, and strategies for new technologies and capital
- Develop and maintain strategic-level understanding of clinical and operational objectives in relevant program area
- Stay current with implications of healthcare reform, reimbursement models
- Set financial and operational objectives for sourcing team
- Monitor key performance indicators and manage team to optimize performance
- Assess, coach and develop staff
- Monitor supplier performance and develop strategies to optimize realized value
- Collaborate with Materials Mgmt/Logistics team to optimize supply channel/inventory management
- Bachelors degree in business, healthcare, or related field
- 7+ years previous supervisory or managerial experience
- Proven ability to lead and manage people and projects
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral and presentation)
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- High level of aptitude and demonstrated success in the field of process improvement
- High level of aptitude in spreadsheets, databases, reporting/analytics, and presentation software
- Lean/Six sigma training/certification or related experience
- Supply Chain Management/Purchasing experience desired
- ERP system experience, preferable Lawson software, desired
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Full Time Position (40 hours/week)
- Day Shift
- No Weekends
Minneapolis boasts being both cosmopolitan yet small enough that you can find a place to call home whether on a lake, golf course, or in an adjoining suburb. With the fast pace of activity there are professional sports, theater, or enough parks for a quiet walk. The area has numerous schools and colleges, both public or private, and enough teams for all weekend athletes to join.
- Located in Minneapolis
- Population = 380,000
- Service Area = 2,882,245
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA