This job is no longer available
This position is responsible for the planning and coordination of long term comprehensive plans, master plans, and airport layout plans, working closely with other MAC departments, airport tenants and other governmental jurisdictions serving as a key liaison to the Federal Aviation Administration, MnDOT Aeronautics and the Metropolitan Council. Other responsibilities will include airport zoning processes, working with gate plots and simulations for aircraft movements and passenger flows for MSP, working closely with the Senior Airport Architect to incorporate architectural vision into planning documents, assisting in the establishment of priorities and timing for projects in the capital improvement program, and directing consultants in the preparation of planning documents and conceptual cost estimates. In addition, this position will be the primary department liaison with the MAC Commercial Management and Airline Affairs Department for non-aeronautical development proposals at all seven airports. This position will work closely with the Director of Airport Development to provide direction and support to the project management staff and assists the Director with budgeting, project programming, management and other departmental operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation Planning, Airport Planning and Management, Urban or Regional or City Planning, Engineering, Architecture, Environmental Planning or related field.
- Five or more years of progressively responsible experience in the preparation of airport planning documents, including long term comprehensive plans, master plans, and airport layout plans.
- Working knowledge of state and federal airport programs, criteria and standards.
- Working knowledge of airport planning and environmental document processes and preparation.
- Knowledge of FAA rules, regulations, guidelines, advisory circulars and related Airport planning documents.
- Demonstrated experience working with community developments and zoning.
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience working with consultants.
- Ability to make independent decisions and expedite projects to completion.
- Experience working with the public.
- Ability to establish/maintain effective working relationships.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products and industry standard software such as AutoCAD, SIMMOD, and Path Planner.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including experience with effective presentations to large groups.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Ability to pass and maintain the background and security clearances required by MAC.
- Master's Degree in Aviation Planning, Airport Planning and Management, Urban or Regional or City Planning, Engineering, Architecture, Environmental Planning or Related Field.
- Demonstrated experience with State of Minnesota airport zoning ordinances and Joint Airport Zoning Boards.
- Knowledge of Transportation Security Administration (TSA) security regulations and guidelines.
- Knowledge of annual capital improvement programming.
- Airport project experience at a medium and/or large hub air carrier commercial airport.
- Airport project experience at general aviation airport facilities and general knowledge of their operational practices.
- Experience preparing and/or reviewing aviation forecasts.
- Experience with PFC applications, including eligibility and project justifications.
- Pilot/air traffic movement experience for hub and general aviation airports.
- Experience with airport funding and revenue streams.
- Experience with sustainable building practices.
- Experience managing staff and/or consultants.