Maintenance Technician (Shoreview/White Bear Area YMCA)
This job has now expired
We are very excited to announce that the Shoreview/White Bear Area YMCA has an immediate opening for a cause-driven Maintenance Technician to join our team!
The Maintenance Technician under the direction of the Building Superintendent, is responsible for all the maintenance of building equipment and property as well as maintaining the facility in a clean and sanitary condition.
This will be a shared position between the Shoreview YMCA and the White Bear Area YMCA. It is a full time position with 20 hours at the two branches.
- Perform daily maintenance round and pool checks and report problems to the Building Superintendent
- Duties may include, but are not limited to, painting walls and ceilings, equipment cleaning, carpets, conducting minor electrical and plumbing repairs, exercise equipment maintenance, and assisting with the general cleaning of the facility Maintain Preventative
- Maintenance records, pool checks, and boiler checks
- Respond to daily maintenance needs of other departments as necessary
- Carry a pager during shift to respond to emergency situations
- Enforce and maintain building security during shift
- Attend all necessary training opportunities
Qualifications - Required
- Minimum 1 year experience in janitorial or facility maintenance field
- Experience in cleaning methods, cleaning equipment, pool operation, plumbing, heating (electrical and pneumatic) and temperature controls
- Strong communication skills
- Move 50-75 pounds quantities of material 4-5 times a week
- Move 30 pounds of project materials and/or tools to remote building locations up to 200 feet away 10-15 times a day
- Erect and stand on scaffolding, ladders, and platforms 3-4 times a week
- Work at heights up to 30 feet for extended periods of time 3-4 times a week
- Work with paint, cleaning equipment, chemical compounds, solvents, cleaners, and solutions in dry, liquid, spray, and aerosol forms
- Ability to paint and clean equipment as needed
- Work in conditions that will create dirt and dust
- Perform essential maintenance to facility or equipment which may include, but not limited to the following activities: semi – reaching to full-reach overhead, couching, kneeling, working in narrow and/or confining spaces underground, overhead, and at ground level, twisting of the waist, shoulders, and legs, lying on stomach and/or back and shoveling snow
- Safely operate cleaning equipment: auto scrubber, buffer, snow blower, sweeper, trash compactor, genie lift, pressure washer, box compactor, hand, and power tools
The YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply.