This job is no longer available
Job Description for Digital Print Specialist
To set up and operate various equipment, which includes but is not limited to, digital printers to produce a quality product and perform receiving, bindery and shipping operations to meet customer requirements within prescribed time frame. Must be reliable and customer oriented.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Set-up, load and operate one or more of the Konica, 1209 & 6500 printers. Set-up, load and operate poster printers and laminator.
• Starts and monitors equipment operation.
• Feeds or loads stock; RIPs files to press for production
• Lift cartons from pallets, carry cartons to printer(s); opens carton, lifts stock out, slices stock if necessary or fans stock.
• Responsible for conducting quality checks and ensuring high quality output of product in accordance with process standards and/or guidelines - visually inspects all press output.
• Light bindery as needed - large and small format - Cutters, folders, stitchers, perfect binders
• Maintain inventory of consumables and supplies
• Read and interpret all job tickets and work instructions
• Meet production goals and requirements as related to run rates and waste
• Complete all required documentation as it relates to production, quality and equipment maintenance
• Manipulate, impose and prepare electronic files for production in the most efficient manner.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Attend training courses as new software and programs are implemented to stay current with industry and Standard Register requirements
• Participate in all process improvement activities
• Communicate effectively with sales and other production associates in a team environment
• Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
• Minimum 2+ years’ of experience working as a Machine operator preferably in a similar setting / capacity.
• High School Dipolma or GED
• Must possess the ability to pick up new learnings quickly and display a willingness to train and become knowledgeable of the products / equipments operational capabilities.
• Must be able to read and interpret instructions and numbers (in English) at level necessary to perform essential functions.
• Must demonstrate clear oral and written communications skill and work independently as well as in a team setting.
• Must possess basic computer terminal knowledge, keyboard skills.
• Good basic math and reading/comprehension skills.
• Attentiveness to detail a must.
• Good mechanical aptitude a definite plus.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time when needed and able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Snap Print Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We offer full medical benefits, retirement account, vacation time, and a casual work environment. If you are interested in joining our team, please send us your resume, or apply in person.
26 Shady Oak Road
Hopkins, MN 55343