Allina Health is a non-for-profit family of hospitals, clinics and other care services dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of the communities we serve in Minnesota. Allina is the market share leader for health care delivery in the Twin Cities and is the only AA rated delivery system in this market. We care for one in three Minnesotans through our various hospitals, clinics or clinical service lines. Our nearly 24,000 employees, 5,000 associated and employed physicians and 2,500 volunteers share a common mission – to deliver exceptional health care and support services to the people in our communities. Allina Health is the first Minnesota health care organization to earn the Davies Award, the industry’s preeminent award for health information technology with our Epic-designed electronic health record (EHR))
Abbott Northwestern Hospital is the largest not-for-profit hospital in the Twin Cities with a longstanding tradition of compassionate care and service; centers of excellence in cardiovascular care, oncology, neuroscience, orthopedics and obstetrics; and leadership in education and clinical research. Located in Minneapolis, Minn., Abbott Northwestern is a 633-bed hospital. Its 5,330 employees and 1,586 physicians care for nearly 370,000 patients and their families each year from the Twin Cities area and throughout the Upper Midwest.
Abbott Northwestern Hospital is proud to be recognized as an ANCC Magnet Hospital.
An established, award-winning Electronic Medical Record is utilized.
United Hospital is a busy tertiary regional referral center with an extensive referral network throughout eastern Minnesota and western Wisconsin. United Hospital’s cardiovascular program is supported by United Heart & Vascular Clinic, a 25 physician group practice, which provides subspecialty care and expertise in noninvasive cardiology, interventional cardiology, advanced imaging, heart failure, electrophysiology and vascular medicine.
Cardiovascular Surgeon as part of two physician groups practicing at United Hospital
- Board certified by the American Board of Thoracic Surgery (ABTS)
- Eligible for unrestricted licensure in the State of Minnesota
- Minimum of 3 years CV surgical experience
- Skilled in the full complement of adult CV surgery and thoracic surgery utilizing the newest technology and procedures.
- Proven ability to collaborate and communicate with referring cardiologists to provide the best possible care for patients
- Oriented toward patient experience, quality improvement and team building in a group practice model.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to create a productive environment that promotes collegiality and innovation in inpatient and outpatient settings.
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary Range: Market Competitive
- Allina employed position
- Allina benefits package includes, but is not limited to, medical, dental, life, and vision insurance, short & long-term disability, an employer-matching retirement plan, generous time off, an annual deferred compensation allowance, payment of malpractice insurance (includes tail coverage), annual CME allowance, and payment of license, DEA, and board certification.
With beautiful natural settings along the Mississippi River, St. Paul embodies a large ethnically diverse population with restaurants, cultural entertainment, and shopping venues for everyone. Downtown St. Paul features a number of historic buildings including the State Capitol, the Fitzgerald Theater (home to Garrison Keillor's "A Prairie Home Companion"), the Landmark Center, the St. Paul Hotel, and breathtaking views of the Mississippi River. The city is also home to the Science Museum of MN, the Xcel Energy Center (home of the MN Wild hockey team), and the MN History Center. St. Paul offers many private, alternative, and public school options from elementary through college and a wide array of housing options from old historic homes to new construction. The Twin Cities is consistently ranked near the top of Fortune's list of best cities in the world for work and family. A healthy business climate, opportunities for employment, good transportation, and an entrepreneurial environment are amongst the contributing factors.
- Located in St. Paul
- Population = 287,000
- Service Area = 1,600,000
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA