This job has now expired
Allina Health is dedicated to the prevention and treatment of illness and enhancing the greater health of individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. A not-for-profit health care system, Allina Health cares for patients from beginning to end-of-life through its 90+ clinics, 12 hospitals, 15 pharmacies, specialty care centers and specialty medical services that provide home care, senior transitions, hospice care, home oxygen and medical equipment, and emergency medical transportation services. Allina Health is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
The Minneapolis Heart Institute®, part of Abbott Northwestern Hospital, was established in 1981 to help prevent and combat the universal problem of heart disease. Today, our commitment to this goal is stronger than ever as we improve the quality for those we serve, whether here in the Twin Cities, communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin or around the world.
United Hospital is a busy tertiary regional referral center with an extensive referral network throughout eastern Minnesota and western Wisconsin. United Hospital’s cardiovascular program is supported by United Heart & Vascular Clinic, a 25 physician group practice, which provides subspecialty care and expertise in noninvasive cardiology, interventional cardiology, advanced imaging, heart failure, electrophysiology and vascular medicine.
Cardiovascular Surgeon as part of two physician groups practicing at United Hospital
Medical Degree, General Surgery Residency, Cardiovascular fellowship
- Board certified by the American Board of Thoracic Surgery (ABTS)
- Eligible for unrestricted licensure in the State of Minnesota
- Minimum of 3 years CV surgical experience
- Skilled in the full complement of adult CV surgery and thoracic surgery utilizing the newest technology and procedures.
- Proven ability to collaborate and communicate with referring cardiologists to provide the best possible care for patients
- Oriented toward patient experience, quality improvement and team building in a group practice model.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to create a productive environment that promotes collegiality and innovation in inpatient and outpatient settings.
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary Range: Market Competitive
- Allina employed position
- Allina benefits package includes, but is not limited to, medical, dental, life, and vision insurance, short & long-term disability, an employer-matching retirement plan, generous time off, an annual deferred compensation allowance, payment of malpractice insurance (includes tail coverage), annual CME allowance, and payment of license, DEA, and board certification.
With beautiful natural settings along the Mississippi River, St. Paul embodies a large ethnically diverse population with restaurants, cultural entertainment, and shopping venues for everyone. Downtown St. Paul features a number of historic buildings including the State Capitol, the Fitzgerald Theater (home to Garrison Keillor's "A Prairie Home Companion"), the Landmark Center, the St. Paul Hotel, and breathtaking views of the Mississippi River. The city is also home to the Science Museum of MN, the Xcel Energy Center (home of the MN Wild hockey team), and the MN History Center. St. Paul offers many private, alternative, and public school options from elementary through college and a wide array of housing options from old historic homes to new construction. The Twin Cities is consistently ranked near the top of Fortune's list of best cities in the world for work and family. A healthy business climate, opportunities for employment, good transportation, and an entrepreneurial environment are amongst the contributing factors.
- Located in St. Paul
- Population = 287,000
- Service Area = 1,600,000
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA