This job has now expired
Recruiter: Mary Kay Lick
Position title: Receptionist/Scheduler
Direct Supervisor: Clinic manager or Front Desk supervisor/lead
Exemption status: Non-exempt
Position purpose summary:
Provide excellent service to patients while pre-registering, greeting and interacting with them
- Greet and register patients; collect co-payments & insurance information.
- Answer phones
- Create new accounts and update existing accounts on PC
- May be required to pre-register patient. Prior to appointment, collect patient’s demographic information, and verify insurance coverage via the PC and by calling insurance companies
- Any and all other duties as assigned
Education, experience, & other requirements:
- High School diploma/GED or equivalent
- Customer service experience
Additional essential requirements:
- Work in the clinic during business hours.
- Travel independently throughout the clinic/office (which may include movement from floor to floor); sit for long periods of time
- Frequently work at a fast pace, with unscheduled interruptions and deadlines
- Converse in a calm, friendly manner
- Apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Interpret a variety of instructions
- Proficiently operate modern clinic and office (e.g., PC) equipment; and communicate on and operate the phone system.
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Travel to other work locations, if required
- Customer focus -- Provide excellent service at all times to both external and internal customers
- Achievement orientation -- Drive for results, demonstrate a sense of urgency, persist, show commitment
- Interpersonal -- Build and maintain positive relationships (e.g., relate to all patients and fellow employees in an open, friendly, accepting manner)
- Communication -- Speak, write and listen effectively
- Thinking skills -- Think strategically, use sound judgment and effectively problem solve and analyze issues
- Self-management -- Act with integrity, demonstrate adaptability, seek feedback and welcome unsolicited feedback, educate self (e.g., stay current on pertinent knowledge of the field, organization, etc.).
- Administrative skills – Prioritize, manage time, meet deadlines, multi-task, demonstrate accuracy, and comply with all regulations (e.g., employment, HIPAA, OSHA, safety), as well as company policies & procedures
- Normal clinic/office setting
Protected Health Information (PHI) Access:
- Operative, test results and radiography reports, financial information, and patient demographics
- The knowledge, skills, abilities & traits (KSATs) listed on this job description are typically acquired through the levels of education and experience listed. However, any equivalent combination of education and/or experience, which provide an applicant with the listed KSATs to perform the essential functions and requirements of the job, is acceptable
- TCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the ADA Amendments Act of 2008.
- This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and Additional job functions are subject to modification.
Join our team and enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, short and long-term disability benefits. Benefits also include a rich retirement plan. We have 25+ convenient locations throughout the Twin Cities metro area.