Member Service Director (Lino Lakes YMCA)
We are very excited to announce that the YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities has a fantastic opportunity for a Member Service Director to join our Lino Lakes YMCA!
The YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities
- One of the five largest YMCAs in North America
- One of Minnesota's largest nonprofits, employing 4,500 people, serving more than 225,000 members and participants
- Assets of more than $260 million, annual budget of $110 million, offers $7-million in annual scholarships, helping 40,000 local people
- Y camps are a place to grow for more than 25,000 young people each year
- Youth Development programs build leadership skills, values in more than 10,000 youth
- Y Child Care nurtures children and supports working families
- A premier resource for healthy living for more than 150,000 members
- Y Youth Intervention Services offer hope, help to 2,000 challenged teens
- 22 full-facility branches covering the Twin Cities metro area (including western Wisconsin),5 community program sites,7 overnight camps,10 day camps and more than 90 child care, pre-school and school-age child care locations
The Member Service Director is responsible for managing front desk operations at their YMCA. The incumbent will hire, train, develop and retain the front line membership team, to make the YMCA the best part of the member's day. They model exceptional customer service to all members and guests at the branch. They ensure that membership administration operates efficiently and employ a continuous improvement model. They will be responsible for implementing onboarding tactics for new/returning members.
- Be an advocate and key leader for exceptional customer service in the branch
- Set the standards for and model exceptional customer service
- Hire, onboard, train, develop and retain Member Services staff and Member Service Advisors
- Manage front desk operations, ensuring efficient administrative processes Employ a continuous improvement process for front desk processes/procedures
- Be empowered to resolve customer/member complaints
- Conduct tours for potential new members using a consultative sales approach, determining needs and offering solutions and closing the sale
- Implement onboarding tactics for new/returning members
- Implement those marketing/promotion activities that take place at the membership desk such as Surprise and Delight, Lazyman Triathalon, etc.
- May be responsible for additional member communications activities such as the branch newsletter and branch web site, to be determined by the Branch Executive Director
- May manage the Kids Stuff Department
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two year's customer service experience and 2 years of management/supervisory experience
- Excellent customer service, problem solving, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Must be self-directed, motivated, and creative
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule
- Computer skills in Microsoft WORD, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be CPR and First Aid certified or willing to become certified within the first 30 days of employment. (Certification classes available upon employment.)
- Will provide facility tours
- Must be able to travel locally to attend meetings
To take advantage of this exciting opportunity, please apply online by 03/14/2013 for first consideration. This position will remain posted until filled.
The YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply.