This job is no longer available
Minnesota Council of Churches
Purpose: Coordinate the fund development components of the Council with the executive and program staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Foundation and Corporate Donors
- Coordinate grant seeking efforts
- Track program fund development grant work: track relationships, monitor timelines, and submit proposals
- Maintain electronic and print copies
- Track foundation relationships in database
- Prepare Executive Director (ED) and program staff for visits
- Identify and research potential funding partners and strategize with executive and program staff around engagement
- Track all donations in database
- Coordinate speedy and accurate gift acknowledgement
- Customize acknowledgements, as needed
- Keep up-to-date the list of individual donors
- Create accurate notes for donors and prospects as gifts are received or contacts are made
- Carry out prospect donor research
- Assist ED in tracking of MCC employee giving campaign
- Working with the communications manager, consultant, and executive staff coordinate Give to the Max Day campaign
- Working with the communications manager, consultants, and executive staff coordinate direct mail campaign timelines, approximately 3/year
- Prepare mailing lists for such appeals and for annual report
Minnesota Council of Churches Foundation
- Work with the ED and the Administrative Assistant for Ecumenical Leadership to support the work of the MCCF Development Committee
- Track congregational involvement with MCC, assist others to retain contacts in database
- Work with the communications officer and executive staff, coordinate ‘asking’ strategies for financial support, both individually and through direct mail to congregations
- Prepare fund appeals to congregations for programs and general support
- Prepare fund appeals to MCC members for fairshare
- Track contributions with Controller
- Prepare and send acknowledgement letters
- Work with the database assistant in the advancement of the database to meet fund development needs
- Ensure speedy and accurate tracking
- Ensure accurate records for donors and prospects
Other duties as assigned.
Reports to Executive Director.
- A minimum of two years of experience in fund development;
- Project coordinator skills;
- Strong knowledge of FileMaker or equivalent, Microsoft Excel and internet access skills;
- Strong written communications;
- Critical thinking, curiosity and initiative;
- Exceptionally accurate and detail oriented, but also capable of problem solving;
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team;
- Familiarity with and sensitivity to the constituency of the MCC including diverse ethnic and religious backgrounds;
- Commitment to strict confidentiality of donor information.
Work Environment and Conditions:
Normal office conditions and office hours. This position works out of the MCC’s office at 122 West Franklin Avenue in Minneapolis.
Compensation: This is a regular, 20 hour/week, non-exempt position. Benefits include vacation, sick leave, holiday pay, and pro-rated medical insurance based on MCC’s personnel policies.
POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED
APPLICATION AVAILABLE AT http://www.mnchurches.org/about/employment.html
SUBMIT COMPLETED APPLICATION TO
Minnesota Council of Churches * 122 West Franklin Ave #100 * Minneapolis MN 55404
Phone: 612-230-3204 * FAX: 612-870-3622 * email@example.com
The Minnesota Council of Churches is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.