Health Promotion Specialist - SPP
Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota???s leading health plans. We provide more than 225,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs. UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We???re an organization that???s going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
The Health Promotion Specialist is responsible to support Health Promotion programs and incentives for State Public Programs members. Serve as the member contact. Collaborate with internal stakeholders, such as Customer Services, and external stakeholders, such as care coordinators and providers to carry out health promotion programs for UCare members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain daily operations of current Health Promotion programs by responding to member, customer service, provider and community agency inquiries; sending information to members, providers, and agencies; verifying eligibility as needed; registering eligible members for health promotion programs and incentives.
- Primary responsibility for gift card redemption, tracking, and security.
- Coordinate car seat ordering process, including ordering seats and tracking/distribution forms.
- Manage MOMS prenatal program components including Public Health prenatal and postpartum faxes, prenatal educational material member mailing, incentive programs, and pregnant and postpartum smokers mailings. Includes member requests for materials. Coordinate pregnancy notification program.
- Coordinate fitness kits orders, in collaboration with other Health Promotion staff.
- Reflect the “voice of the member” to look for themes in programs or services, and make recommendations for improvement.
- Represents UCare’s interest at community meetings as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality of all member information.
Associate degree in wellness or other related health field, demonstrated experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
Three years experience coordinating multiple and complex projects, preferably in a healthcare environment and one year experience in a wellness or health related field required. One year experience working with computer software programs, including database, spreadsheet, and standard office programs (group email and calendar) is also required. Experience working with individuals enrolled in state programs and Medicare is preferred.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve. EOE/AA
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You???ll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis???just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.