This job is no longer available
Under the general direction of the Assistant Director of Procurement, this position completes, or reviews, the procurement of products and services in accordance with regulatory requirements and MPHA rules and regulations in an efficient and effective manner following approved purchasing processes and system guidelines. Reports to the Assistant Director of Procurement.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Material Management, Engineering, Construction Management, Public Administration or related field. At least five years of experience in public sector procurement. Must have experience in leading all aspects of RFP/IFB process to include: chairing pre-bid/proposal conferences, managing evaluation teams, overseeing vendor interviews, conducting best and final offers, computing complex and technical calculations, researching protests and preparing responses. Demonstrated advanced knowledge and experience in e-procurement systems and MS Office. Certification as a Certified Public Purchasing Buyer (CPPB) or similar certification.
Essential Duties Include (but are not limited to):
- Completes, or reviews, the procurement of products and services in accordance with regulatory requirements and MPHA rules and regulations in an efficient and effective manner following approved purchasing processes and system guidelines. Issue purchase orders within the timeframe required by the customer, and ensure that the customer has all of the information required to appropriately complete the required purchase.
- Conducts, or oversees, all Invitations for Bids and Requests For Proposal procurements as directed by the Assistant Director of Procurement.
- Identifies quality suppliers for inclusion in bids, solict and evaluate bids, and recommend supplier selection to the customer requester. Solicit feedback from customer groups on the performance of suppliers. Follow up on receipt of contract and purchase order deliverables.
- Consult with customers, as needed, to ensure an accurate understanding of customer’s needs and to ensure that the purchase requisition is accurate and complete, assisting the customer as needed in the development of clear Statements of Work and/or specifications.
- Assist customers with purchase orders or contract changes to ensure documents are accurate and up-to-date.
- Establishes and maintains records of procurement transactions; establishes and maintains files of qualified vendors and procurement policies and procedures.
- Provides direction, training and guidance to agency personnel in resolving routine and non-routine procurement related problems. Provides oral and written interpretation of laws, rules, regulations, policies, standards and procedures to agency personnel and vendors.
- Implements programs to encourage efficient and cost effective procurement from woman, minority, disadvantaged, and Section 3 contractors.
- Monitors PHA-wide contract administration including ordering procedure, receipting procedure, proper internal controls, proper purchasing authority, contract obligations, supply management and inventory control.
- Assist vendors in complying with wage reporting, ensure wage reporting is completed, and maintain vendor insurance coverage.
- Enter contracts in a computerized tracking system for all PHA contract reporting and purchasing metrics. Assist in maintaining all required HUD and other local government purchasing reports. Analyze spending and advise the Director on methods to save.
- Insure that website data presents a clear and accurate representation of the available bidding opportunities and contract awards. Place bid advertisements.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of public sector or HUD procurement laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of contract administration as applied to the public sector, contract cost and price analysis principles, and risk management concepts and principles.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing, and the ability to train others.
- Ability to work within a timetable and to analyze and process information quickly and accurately.
- Ability to read, understand and apply procurement laws, regulations, policies and procedure and educate staff and stakeholders on complex policies and procedures.
- Ability to draft bid specifications and other technicial documents.
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Advanced computer applications experience and experience with e-procurement systems. Must have a thorough understanding of the entire Microsoft Office desktop suite.
- Ability to exercise sound, independent judgment on behalf of the organization.
- Ability to prepare various internal and external reports to satisfy stakeholders.
- High level of interpersonal and team building skills
About Our Organization:
The Minneapolis Public Housing Authority (MPHA) is a public agency responsible for administering public housing and Section 8 rent assistance programs for eligible individuals and families in Minneapolis. A nine member Board of Commissioners governs MPHA. The Board Chairperson and four Commissioners (one of whom is a public housing high-rise resident) are appointed by the Mayor of Minneapolis; four Commissioners (one of whom is a public housing family resident) are appointed by the Minneapolis City Council.
Procurement DEPARTMENT BACKGROUND:
The Procurement Department utilizes its services of strategic purchasing and monitoring to ensure excellent services to the residents of the MPHA in the most cost effective manner.
Our Mission Statement:
The mission of the Minneapolis Public Housing Authority is to promote and deliver quality, well managed homes to a diverse, low income population and, with partners, contribute to the well-being of the individuals, families, and community we serve.
This is an appointed position with a salary of $120k plus a comprehensive benefits package. To apply, submit resume and cover letter via mail or in person. This position is open until filled.
Minneapolis Public Housing Authority
Attn: Human Resources
1001 Washington Ave N
Minneapolis, MN 55401