This job has now expired
Allina Health is dedicated to the prevention and treatment of illness and enhancing the greater health of individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. A not-for-profit health care system, Allina Health cares for patients from beginning to end-of-life through its 90 clinics, 12 hospitals, 15 pharmacies, specialty care centers and specialty medical services that provide home care, senior transitions, hospice care, home oxygen and medical equipment, and emergency medical transportation services. Allina Health is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Allina Health clinics are committed to providing a work environment where passionate people have the knowledge, tools, opportunity and freedom to make a positive difference in the lives of our patients. We want you to be part of our team where each employee contributes to our mission of exceptional primary and specialty care. Allina Health clinics provide primary care, specialty care and urgent care services to people in 41 communities. More than 750 health care practitioners help patients identify health risks, manage chronic illness and find their path to better health.
- Register / pre-register patients by collecting demographic and insurance information per clinic policy and procedures
- Schedule patient appointments following site scheduling procedures and individual provider protocols
- Verify and update patient demographics and insurance information
- Notify patients of pertinent visit information; i.e. co-pay reminders, clinic directions and appropriate check-in times
- Patient reception by greeting and checking in patients
- Verify and accurately input demographic data; obtain copy of new insurance card and annual signatures for billing purposes
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required
- Prefer clerical with PC/internet experience
- Private insurance payor knowledge strongly desired
- Ability to handle and manage a cash drawer
- Requires strong customer service and phone skills, as well as excellent interpersonal skills with exceptional communication and listening skills giving the ability to quickly connect with customers
Work Schedule - Additional Position Details: M-F 8:00 A.M. - 4:30 P.M.
Eagan, MN has been named by MONEY magazine as one ofBest Places to Live in America- in fact the 17th best place in the US in 2008. Amidst rolling hills, ponds and green space, the city of Eagan is frequently cited as one of the fastest-growing cities in the metropolitan area. Interstate 494 and Cedar Avenue have made this southern suburb easily accessible to the Twin Cities area and just minutes from the International Airport. Residential offerings in Eaganmeet most every taste and price range. The community attracts many young, growing families as well as a significant amount of industrial and business development. Northwest Airlines, Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Minnesota, West, a Thomson business, Midwest Coca-Cola Bottling and Unisys are among the larger companies operating in Eagan
Bordered by the historic Minnesota River, Eagan contains over 1,000 acres of the Minnesota Valley Wildlife Refuge and 1,500 acres of theLebanon Hills Regional Park with swimming, fishing, boating, hiking, horse trails and picnic grounds. There are also 54 municipal parks with trails, ice rinks, ball fields, tennis courts and play equipment. The city contains three public golf courses, a YMCA, an indoor civic arena and Cascade Bay, noted as one of the top ten public outdoor aquatic facilities in the US.
- Located 7 miles south of the Twin Cities
- Population = 67,000
- Service Area = 375,000
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EOE / AA / Vet / Disabled Employer