Medical Laboratory Technician
This job has now expired
Allina Health is dedicated to the prevention and treatment of illness and enhancing the greater health of individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. A not-for-profit health care system, Allina Health cares for patients from beginning to end-of-life through its 90 clinics, 12 hospitals, 15 pharmacies, specialty care centers and specialty medical services that provide home care, senior transitions, hospice care, home oxygen and medical equipment, and emergency medical transportation services. Allina Health is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Allina Health clinics are committed to providing a work environment where passionate people have the knowledge, tools, opportunity and freedom to make a positive difference in the lives of our patients. We want you to be part of our team where each employee contributes to our mission of exceptional primary and specialty care. Allina Health clinics provide primary care, specialty care and urgent care services to people in 41 communities. More than 750 health care practitioners help patients identify health risks, manage chronic illness and find their path to better health.
- Perform technical and diagnostic laboratory procedures that provide prompt and accurate test results for providers use in the diagnosis and treatment of patients in a clinic setting
- Collect and obtain satisfactory specimen samples
- Correct processing of specimens in a timely manner
- Perform tests authorized by the clinic lab director
- Prepare and maintain supplies to efficiently collect specimens
- Maintain lab equipment per established protocol
- Perform, evaluate and document all quality control on each test system
- Participate in the laboratory Quality Assurance Plan
- Orient and train new employees and students as assigned
- Maintain high level of customer service through communication vehicles
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Graduation from an accredited MLT (CLT) or MT (CLS) program (must provide proof)
- New graduates must pass the ASCP board exam within 6 months of employment -or- a minimum of 1 year of formal documented lab training or CLA / MLA with 5 years experience or HEW Tech
Work Schedule - Additional Position Details: 36 hours per week, mostly days with occasional evenings. Work every 4th weekend shift.
A scenic rivertown steeped in tradition, Hastings features the rugged and colorful scenery of the Mississippi, St. Croix, and Vermillion Rivers, many historic buildings, a mix of shopping facilities, restaurants, and industryand community festivities. Thecharming downtown is an interesting collection of restaurants, shops, and third-generation stores. Within the city limits are 8 city parks, 14 neighborhood parks, and boat access ramps. Two ski slopes and six golf courses are nearby. The neighborhoods feature a blend of large, quaint, older homes complemented by newer housing that lends a suburban influence.
- Located 20 miles Southeast of St. Paul
- Population = 18,500
- Service Area = 155,000
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EOE / AA / Vet / Disabled Employer