Medical Lab Scientist I
Allina Health is dedicated to the prevention and treatment of illness and enhancing the greater health of individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. A not-for-profit health care system, Allina Health cares for patients from beginning to end-of-life through its 90 clinics, 12 hospitals, 15 pharmacies, specialty care centers and specialty medical services that provide home care, senior transitions, hospice care, home oxygen and medical equipment, and emergency medical transportation services. Allina Health is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Allina Health Laboratory provides a full menu of essential and specialized laboratory services to customers in Minnesota and western Wisconsin. We provide reference laboratory services to four major metropolitan hospitals, 13 regional hospitals, including Abbott Northwestern – WestHealth (Plymouth), 59 Allina Health clinics, 40 hospital-based clinics and outpatient surgery centers. As a local, accessible resource, we provide clinical and anatomic pathology services that support customers diagnostic needs.
- Performs routine and complex laboratory procedures within established guidelines
- Performs and documents QC; takes appropriate remedial action following established laboratory guidelines
- Evaluates and reviews QC using statistical methods as appropriate
- Establishes QC program appropriate for tests performed
- Performs proficiency testing as assigned and maintains documentation to comply with regulatory requirements
- Develops materials and participates in the instruction/orientation of technologists, technicians, assistants, and students
- 4 year degree in medical technology or related science, completion of clinical internship, certification eligible, NO experience OR
- HEW MT/CLS per CLIA 88 OR
- 4 year degree in related science certification in a lab specialty 2 years experience in appropriate analytic area OR
- 4 year degree in medical technology or science, completion of clinical internship, certification as AMT NO experience
- Completion of training program required of the specialty area
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Possess a high degree of discretion and confidentiality
- Attention to detail andproblem solving skills associated with work area
- Ability to train others
- Ability to prioritize and organize tasks/assignments to support efficient and effective operation of the laboratory
- Ability to work independently and problem solve
- Ability to function as a department resource to co-workers and customers
- CLS/MT or AMT certification or Lab Specialty certification, required, withinone year of hire date by a recognized agency such as ASCP (Board of Registry) or NCA in speciality area incumbent will be working
Work Schedule - Additional Position Details: Hours from 10 pm - 6:30 am. Weekends and Holidays as scheduled.
Minneapolis boasts being both cosmopolitan yet small enough that you can find a place to call home whether on a lake, golf course, or in an adjoining suburb. With the fast pace of activity there are professional sports, theater, or enough parks for a quiet walk. The area has numerous schools and colleges, both public or private, and enough teams for all weekend athletes to join.
- Located in Minneapolis
- Population = 380,000
- Service Area = 2,882,245
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EOE / AA / Vet / Disabled Employer