Position OverviewAre you looking for a new and exciting opportunity to use your skills in a successful and growing company? Do you desire a fast-paced, casual work environment that is driven by employees who thrive on innovative thinking? If you have engineering experience in a Manufacturing environment and a desire to work in an energetic, collaborative environment, then check out this opportunity at Proto Labs!
ResponsibilitiesThe Manufacturing/Process Engineer will be responsible for defining, troubleshooting and improving processes and equipment related to injection molding and conventional machining, improving operating efficiencies and increasing the company's quality standards. Specific duties include:
- Possess a background or working knowledge of machining and/or injection molding
- Possess strong knowledge concerning cutting tools and parameters in regard to various materials (e.g., soft and hard metals, plastics).
- Know the fundamental science and engineering principles relevant to materials
- Ability to independently identify and execute on corrective actions, provide direction and leadership in accomplishing goals
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment.
- Good written and oral communication skills: able to communicate complex technical information to all levels of the organization
- Successfully perform within a project framework including defined deliverables and time frames
- Concurrently solve immediate issues while maintaining a vision of the future
- Ability to close out projects and tasks
Additional InformationAdditional Information: Proto Labs' Corporate Headquarters is located in Maple Plain, MN, just minutes west of the 494/394 interchange. Our Rosemount, MN facility is located off of the County Road 42 and Highway 3 intersection & east of 35W. If you meet the qualifications and feel this position is a good match to your skills and interests please apply online at www.protolabs.com/careers. Proto Labs is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans & Disabilities.