This job has now expired
Allina Health is dedicated to the prevention and treatment of illness and enhancing the greater health of individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. A not-for-profit health care system, Allina Health cares for patients from beginning to end-of-life through its 90 clinics, 12 hospitals, 15 pharmacies, specialty care centers and specialty medical services that provide home care, senior transitions, hospice care, home oxygen and medical equipment, and emergency medical transportation services. Allina Health is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Allina Health Pharmacy provides fast, efficient services at 15 sites throughout the Twin Cities metro and greater Minnesota communities. Pharmacy team members have expertise in many acute and chronic medication needs, including organ transplant, diabetes, infertility, pediatrics, oncology and the management of multiple medications. Online and mail order prescription services are also provided.
Responsibilities: The Buyer-Pharmacy II is responsible for procurement and inventory management of pharmaceuticals and pharmacy supplies for Allina Health Pharmacy. They are responsible for maximizing the purchasing leverage of the Allina Health Pharmacy and related activities.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 2-4 years pharmacy experience preferred
- Certified Pharmacy Technician preferred
- High level of aptitude in spreadsheets, databases and electronic commerce
- Strong problem solving skills to assess financial impacts
- Proven track record and experience in data mining and analysis
- Good understanding of pharmacy operations and practices
- Ability to understand pharmacy revenue reimbursement and how it correlates with costs
- Communication skills for negotiating with vendors
- Ability to coordinate with pharmacy staff regarding purchasing and/or claims adjudication
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
Work Schedule - Additional Position Details: Regular Business Office Hours 8:00-4:30 Mon-Fri.
Minneapolis boasts being both cosmopolitan yet small enough that you can find a place to call home whether on a lake, golf course, or in an adjoining suburb. With the fast pace of activity there are professional sports, theater, or enough parks for a quiet walk. The area has numerous schools and colleges, both public or private, and enough teams for all weekend athletes to join.
- Located in Minneapolis
- Population = 380,000
- Service Area = 2,882,245
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EOE / AA / Vet / Disabled Employer