This job is no longer available
Medical Collections/Billing Specialist (Edina)
Wage is dependent on job experience related to the position.
Oakdale OBGYN is seeking a medical collections/billing specialist to join our team in our business office located in Edina, MN. Candidate must have experience with patient collections, claims follow-up from insurance companies, denials, appeals, refunds, underpayments and claim resolution. Qualifications include strong computer competency, excellent math skills, ability to work independently, ability to multi-task, detail oriented and have excellent communication skills. Minimum of 2 years of patient collections and medical billing experience required. Wage is dependent on job experience related to the position. Position is benefits eligible. Hours are 8:30 am-5:00 pm, M-F. Position available immediately.
Example of duties:
- Collection of patient balances as well as pre-collections.
- Process correspondences relating to insurance information or questions.
- Resolving claim issues for insurance payers. Claim appeals, denials and medical necessity.
- Manage both incoming and outgoing phone calls.
- Update and verify patient insurance and demographic changes.
- Answers patient concerns and questions regarding statements, insurance and credit issues.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com or fax 952-920-2245.
If this opportunity matches your interests and talent, please send your resume by clicking Apply now.