This job is no longer available
Doherty Top Talent is currently recruiting for 2 Review Coordinator I positions with a healthcare company in Minnetonka. These are full-time and contract positions at $18-$20/hour. The Review Coordinator I candidates are responsible for entering hospital admissions, monitoring and calling the hospitals to track discharges, and coordinating all other intake functions in accordance with department policies.
The Review Coordinator I is responsible for:
- Triaging, and appropriately processing all information received by the Utilization Management and Clinical Appeals Department. This is a critical role, as downstream activities, such as pre-service authorization, case management and appeals depend upon the timely, accurate processing of information to perform their job functions and ensure regulatory and accreditation standards are met.
- Researching and resolving provider and/or member questions and issues while maintaining a positive provider and/or member relationship.
- Coordinating all intake functions into the Utilization Management and Clinical Appeals Department in accordance with all department policies, regulatory and accreditation requirements.
The following is required for the Review Coordinator I:
- 6 months to 1 year of previous experience in the health care industry and/or managed care experience
- Associate’s degree preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of medical terminology and coding experience
- Proficient in investigation and problem solving activities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Administrative support
- Strong organization skills
- Customer service – both internal and external
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Flexibility in handling changes in work assignments and environment
- Ability to use Word and Excel at an intermediate level