We are a privately owned solutions provider and world leader in the electronics and thermal markets, and we are guided by our principles of innovation, performance and customer satisfaction. Now you can bring your professional expertise and visionary thinking to our growing, vibrant organization as a:
The primary duties of the R&D Technician are to assist the Engineers/Scientists in the R&D group with the following tasks: formulation work, prototype development, scale up operations, sample preparation/packaging/shipment.
- Responsible, for communicating the results of his/her work clearly and accurately using various means - written, oral or electronic - within and outside the R&D group. This person will prepare reports, graphics and other documentation as needed.
- Coordinate safety responsibility for the R&D group.
- Perform job function is a safe and professional manner.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Ability to work in a team environment and good interpersonal skills are an asset in this multitasking position.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Education and Experience
- Minimum High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 1-3 years experience in a technical area.
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or equivalent, from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum Skills: Ability to use a computer system based on Windows or Mac operating system. Ability to use Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel to prepare documentation and data reports and Microsoft Outlook for communication and scheduling.
- Preferred Skills: In addition to the above, ability to use Power Point for preparing graphic presentations, ability to use software tools for imaging, ability to manage databases and creating Adobe documents.
This will be a physically demanding job requiring 50-75% of time spent standing, walking or performing laboratory tasks, the balance will be spent at the work desk. Ability to lift a minimum of 20 lb weight is required. This person should be able to wear normal protective gear like clothing, safety goggles, facemask or respirator if needed. Ability to see clearly, with or without correction, and to distinguish colors is required.
The normal work environment will be temperature/humidity controlled laboratory or office area with fluorescent lighting. Work will require handling various chemicals and powders. Noise level is expected to be moderate.
At The Bergquist Company, we believe the financial health of our organization will be determined by the moral health of our people. You’ll receive the type of salary and benefits package you’d expect from an industry leader and so much more.
To learn more about our people-oriented company, apply online at