Electrical Engineer- Industrial
The Electrical Engineer plays a key role in the successful execution of projects. Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, Industrial, this individual will provide technical and engineering excellence, as well as successful delivery of work to our customers. The Electrical Engineer is responsible for a high level of customer satisfaction by ensuring expectations are clearly communicated and managed â€“ both externally and internally. The successful candidate will also contribute to a dynamic team environment by being proactive, communicating clearly to all stakeholders, and modeling a highly collaborative working environment. This person will also actively support the business development process, through the writing of proposals and meeting with prospective and current customers.
This is a DIRECT HIRE opportunity!
Key Responsibilities :
- Designs one or more of the following: power distribution systems (primary requirement), size motor feeders and starters
- Prepares engineering documents and equipment specifications to meet contracted scope of work and to ensure application of Electrical Engineering Principles
- Possesses a basic understanding of Electrical, Mechanical, Civil and Structural Engineering construction practices
- Has strong knowledge of Codes (e.g. NEC, NFPA, IBC, Life Safety Code, etc.)
- Designs building power and lighting systems. Includes the design of special systems, such as ground fault, lightning protection, engine-generator, UPS, etc.
- Perform voltage drop and short-circuit calculations. Perform arc vault analysis
- Generate electrical schedules (panelboards, motors, electrical fixtures)
- Develops estimates for assigned scope of work, and is accountable for ensuring we stay within scope
- Creates project plan and schedule for execution of work
- May serve as project manager for complete projects, when assigned
- Supports the business development process through input to proposals, meeting and interviewing with prospective customers, etc.
- Provides work direction to other team members, including subcontractors, as assigned
- Approves final equipment selections and drawing submittals
- Provides technical and engineering support to other departments/disciplines
Professional Experience / Qualifications:
The successful candidate will have a pragmatic and applied approach, while at the same time bringing a creative examination of customer needs and solutions. The successful candidate will have strong electrical design experience across a variety of industries and processes. This person will have strong interpersonal skills to enable effective interaction with Designers, Engineers and Project Managers. This person will also possess strong communication skills, and influencing skills, and has demonstrated the maturity and self-confidence to work with colleagues and customers. The level of seasoning we are looking for likely comes with a minimum of 8-10 years of experience following graduation. The successful candidate will be naturally collaborative, and possess the ability to assimilate a 3 Position Specification range of ideas, programs or alternatives into a set of recommendations. This person will be self-directed, but thrive in an environment where consultation leads to superior outcomes.
Additional qualifications the successful candidate will possess include:
- Effective meeting management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Adaptable and agile, responsive to quick changes in direction
- Ability to establish rapport and credibility with customers and other stakeholders
- Knows the business and the mission-critical technical and functional skills needed to do the job; understands the company culture â€“ their Mission, Vision and processes Learns new methods and technologies easily
- Is well organized, resourceful, and planful; effective and efficient at marshalling multiple resources to get things done; lays out tasks in sufficient detail to mark the trail; is able to get things done with less and in less time; can work on multiple tasks at once without losing track; foresees and plans around obstacles
- Attacks everything with drive and energy with an eye on the bottom line; not afraid to initiate action before all the facts are known; drives to finish everything he/she starts
- Identifies and anticipates customer requirements, expectations, and needs Creates systems and processes that make it easy for customers to do business with the company Ensures that customer issues are resolved
- Is clear and concise; adjusts to fit the audience and the message; strongly gets a message across
- Ensures that proposals or arguments consider the needs of all stakeholders Identifies the agendas, concerns, and motivations of others
- Treats people with respect; relates well to people regardless of their organization level, personality, or background Encourages others to express their views, even contrary ones
- Bachelorsâ€™ Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Professional Engineering registration in Minnesota is required. P.E. registration in other states is desirable but not required