3rd Shift Specimen Processing Specialist
Humera is looking multiple 3rd Shift Specimen Processing Specialists for our client in St. Paul, MN. The candidate in this position receives and accessions laboratory tests for the quantitative analysis of drugs or other analyses in patient or client samples, quality control materials or proficiency samples. This is a long term contract opportunity with multiple shifts available including second and third shift opportunities!
- Receive, identify and sort packages based on sample type, testing and client. Recognize and expedite STAT and priority testing. Direct samples to appropriate testing area.
- Open and verify package contents are appropriate for orders sent. Evaluate requests for accuracy, completeness and integrity of specimens.
- Perform order entry into the clinical Antrim data base. Move freely between multiple functions to locate stabilities and sample requirements.
- Have a clear understanding of chain of custody orders and have the ability to properly complete and maintain a chain of custody when required.
- Accession and prepare all sample types for testing including but not limited to clinical testing, microbiology testing, forensic confirmations, meconium testing, and drugs of abuse testing.
- Create an aliquot sample when indicated.
- Deliver samples to appropriate testing areas while maintaining appropriate transport and stability requirements.
- Associates degree in a medical related field or equivalent work and education experience
- 1+ year previous work experience
- Type a minimum of 3000 KPH
- Able to work independently under general supervision
- Able to work in a fast paced production environment to meet established turnaround times
- Able to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time and perform repetitive duties
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Previous experience in clinical processing
- Knowledge of specimen types tubes and media
- Strong memorization skills
- Able to decipher relevance of information on requisitions
- Have an understanding of HIPAA regulations and Universal Precautions when dealing with patient samples
- Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 pm to 6:30 am
MUST be willing to work overtime on short-notice as business needs require