Structural CAD Tech
For 50 years Strom Minnesota has been placing top Engineering, Manufacturing and Technical talent at great companies in the Twin Cities area. If you are currently seeking new opportunities such as this one, send us your resume. Let us do the work of finding you work!
Strom Engineering of Minnesota has an exciting new opening for a Structural CAD Tech with a great company located in the Twin Cities area. A minimum of 2 years of job-related experience is required. Competitive salary/wage based upon experience.
- Function as design technician providing structural drafting and design services focusing on industrial and power projects.
- Develop conceptual, preliminary and construction level drawings.
- Apply engineering fundamentals to design.
- Select and prepare preliminary layouts of simple structural systems in steel and/or concrete per engineer’s approval.
- Coordinate multi-discipline drafting efforts for projects.
- Guidance will be provided on unusual or complex problems, as needed.
- Minimum two (2) year Associates Degree in Drafting Technology, or similar
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant industry experience
- Must be proficient in common CAD design applications and relevant experience with AutoCAD drawing software
- Proficiency in 3D, a plus * Ability to prepare and maintain engineering drawings and other documentation
- Precast and pre-stressed concrete experience desired
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
Qualified applicants—please submit your resume in Microsoft Word format