For 50 years Strom Minnesota has been placing top Engineering, Manufacturing and Technical talent at great companies in the Twin Cities area. If you are currently seeking new opportunities such as this one, send us your resume. Let us do the work of finding you work!
Strom Engineering of Minnesota has an exciting new opening for a Structural Engineer with a great company located in the Twin Cities area.
- Building investigations, report writing, design of new buildings, design of building restorations and construction observations.
- Investigation projects include site investigations of various types of building or structures. * Observe conditions in the field, evaluate buildings based on conditions, determine cause and origin of damage and/or defects if applicable.
- Write detailed engineering report(s) regarding observed conditions and provide opinions as to the cause of the distress and general recommendations for repair and/or replacement of the subject area of the building.
- Design of new buildings will include reinforced concrete, post tensioned concrete, structural steel and wood frame construction. * Project Management includes a wide variety of institutional, commercial and/or industrial buildings.
- Restoration design includes building envelope restorations, parking garage repairs, waterproofing and complete restoration of structural systems. May also include roof systems, walls/windows and pavement.
- Project types will range from minor building envelope repairs to major renovation of any type of building.
- Responsible for keeping current with code requirements.
- * Bachelor’s degree in Civil / Structural Engineering
- * 5+ years of experience * Excellent oral and written communications skills
- * Experience working effectively with a multi-disciplined design team(s)
- * Must be a creative problem-solver * Must welcome challenges
- * Must be a self-starter and independent worker
- * Outstanding organizational skills
- * Project Management experience
Qualified applicants—please submit resume in Microsoft Word format