Mechanical Project Engineer
For 50 years Strom Minnesota has been placing top Engineering, Manufacturing and Technical talent at great companies in the Twin Cities area. If you are currently seeking new opportunities such as this one, send us your resume. Let us do the work of finding you work!
Strom Engineering of Minnesota has an exciting new opening for a Mechanical Project Engineer with a great company located in the Twin Cities area. A minimum of 5 years’ of experience in design and project management of mechanical systems for buildings.
- Responsible for overseeing the planning, design and construction of plumbing, HVAC, energy conservation, fire sprinkler and other mechanical systems in building projects.
- Responsible for design of the mechanical systems including preparation of all engineering calculations including load calculations, equipment selection and layout throughout life of the project. * Create and/or oversee the design of HVAC and related mechanical systems.
- Develop design drawings and specifications for building mechanical, plumbing and fire protection systems construction.
- Determine system types and engineer air distribution systems, chilled and heating water and steam systems.
- Lead and coordinate with in-house engineers, designers and CAD technicians.
- Interface with clients to discuss changes to designs and/or specifications.
- Perform systems analysis and prepare reports and studies as well as cost estimates.
- Responsible for distribution of all approved drawings and specifications.
- Support development of manpower budget and update budget as needed.
- Represent the company in a professional manner in all dealings with management, architects, vendors, design professionals and contractors.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Architectural Engineering or related.
- 5+ years of experience designing HVAC and related mechanical systems.
- Must be proficient in load calculation and energy simulation programs.
- Experience with central plant systems-stream and hot water boilers, chillers and cooling towers and pumping systems.
- Experience with building automation systems.
- Proven decision making and strong analytical skills
- Proficient in MS Office Products, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong technical writing, risk management and oral/written communications skills.
- Leadership and team skills.
Qualified applicants—please submit resume in Microsoft Word format.