For 50 years Strom Minnesota has been placing top Engineering, Manufacturing and Technical talent at great companies in the Twin Cities area. If you are currently seeking new opportunities such as this one, send us your resume. Let us do the work of finding you work!
Strom Engineering of Minnesota has an exciting new opening for an Electrical Engineer with a great company located in the Twin Cities, MN area. A minimum of 5+ years of experience is required. Seeking an Electrical Engineer with experience in industrial infrastructure design in support of new facility layout, existing facility expansions, process line additions.
- Familiarity with project scope, specifications and design criteria upon assignment to a project task team.
- Responsible for providing designs of small electrical power distribution and controls instrumentation engineering assignments using practical design methods.
- Recognizing and communicating scope and design changes promptly. * Producing estimate level preliminary designs and material take-offs.
- Producing detail design calculations and sketches associated with the project.
- Efficient use by drafters/designers for preparing drawings.
- Consulting with design leaders from other disciplines to ensure smooth flow of vital information.
- Advising senior engineer and project manager concerning design or scope changes.
- Assisting other engineers in developing and assembling scopes, drawings and specifications.
- Reviewing and checking vendor drawings and other discipline drawings for electrical/instrumentation input.
- Developing construction specifications.
- Perform field work necessary to gather field data, check tie-ins and provide construction support.
- Produce installation details, plant or site single lines, motor control center single lines, electric room layouts, motor control elementaries, connection diagrams, panelboard and other schedules, control panel layouts and grounding, lighting, power and instrumentation plans under limited supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related.
- 5 – 10 years of industrial experience preferred.
- Knowledge and application of the current version of the National Electrical Code (NEC).
- Ability to perform lighting level and voltage drop calculations.
- Ability to size wire, conduit and overcurrent protection for both lighting and power applications.
- Ability to develop equipment specifications such as for motor control centers, variable frequency drivers, induction and synchronous motors.
- Working knowledge of CAD software (AutoCAD, Microstation or both). Drafting experience a plus.
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
Qualified applicants—please submit resume in Microsoft Word format.