Mechanical Designer / Drafter (HVAC/Plumbing)
For 50 years Strom Minnesota has been placing top Engineering, Manufacturing and Technical talent at great companies in the Twin Cities area. If you are currently seeking new opportunities such as this one, send us your resume. Let us do the work of finding you work!
Strom Engineering of Minnesota has an exciting new opening for a Mechanical Designer with a great company located in the Twin Cities area. A minimum of 2 years of job-related experience is required.
- Review and create models, assemblies and drawings in AutoCAD and/or Revit.
- Develop conceptual, preliminary and construction/fabrication drawings.
- Apply engineering fundamentals to design; select and prepare preliminary layouts of mechanical systems such as industrial HVAC and plumbing for engineer’s approval.
- Factor in technical guidance on unusual or complex problems and coordinate multi-discipline drafting efforts for projects.
- Associate degree in Drafting Technology or related.
- 2+ years of experience in the design of HVAC and/or plumbing systems for commercial/industrial buildings.
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or Revit software.
- Ability to prepare and maintain engineering drawings and other documentation.
- Good problem solving skills (to resolve design problems).
- Field experience in performing verification of industrial mechanical systems is a plus. * Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong organizational skills—self-starter able to effectively work independently or as part of a team.
- PC Proficient: MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook.
Qualified applicants—please submit resume in Microsoft Word format.
Apply for Mechanical Designer / Drafter (HVAC/Plumbing)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly