Electrical Designer / Drafter
For 50 years Strom Minnesota has been placing top Engineering, Manufacturing and Technical talent at great companies in the Twin Cities area. If you are currently seeking new opportunities such as this one, send us your resume. Let us do the work of finding you work!
Strom Engineering Minnesota is seeking an experienced Electrical Designer/Drafter with a solid electrical design/drafting background in commercial power/lighting.
- Electrical design using company standard software programs, quality control, problem resolution, coordination, job communication, job tracking and client satisfaction.
- Provide the power, lighting and systems design services of each project as assigned.
- Plan all projects to optimize efficiency of labor, material, supplies, equipment and tools.
- Keep informed of new electrical codes, technology, techniques and practices.
- Specify materials in a planned and coordinated manner.
- Survey job sites as needed for scope of work and quality.
- Attend project meetings, assign tasks and responsibilities and schedule project design.
- Prepare project documents.
- Prepare and monitor change orders.
- Minimum two (2) year degree in Electrical Design or similar discipline.
- Minimum two (2) years of electrical design/drafting experience.
- Software skills required: AutoCAD required, Revit a plus.
- Good knowledge of the National Electrical Code and Life Safety Codes.
- Building Information Modeling (BIM) experience.
- Proficient with fundamentals of power, lighting and systems design.
- Ability to read, interpret and understand electrical and technologies plans and specifications.
- PC proficient: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Effective communication, trouble-shooting and problem solving skills with the ability to be adaptable to customer needs.
Qualified applicants—please submit resume in Microsoft Word format.