3D Product Engineer
JOIN US AS A 3D Engineer Similar Industry Titles and Key Words: Prototype Engineer, Design Engineer, Model MakerResponsible for interpreting Designer's concepts to create manufacture-ready files and in-house prototypes for HL PDD & other internal Target Design Teams via 3D Computer Aided Design (CAD) systems. Provide technical product guidance to Design and Technical teams in support of the Hardlines Product Design & Development process. Works on special corporate projects as needed.Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a 3D Engineer, you'll take the lead as you…
- Create manufacture-ready digital files.
- Assist in investigating most cost and time effective rapid prototyping processes with help of Principal 3D Engineer for creating in-house prototypes including part orientation, part size, and material capabilities.
- Create in-house 3D prototypes.
- Interpret Trend and Design concepts by creating technical drawings and solid models (using SolidWorks and Freeform) to depict the desired product dimensions and manufacturing related callouts.
- Keep daily records and a calendar of projects and communicate the progress of the projects to the Principal 3D Engineer and Lead.
- Facilitate communication with CFT (Cross Functional Teams) on 3D prototyping projects and attend CFT meetings as needed.
- Facilitate communication with vendors as needed.
- Understand terminology, concepts & techniques essential to seeing problems which may occur in manufacturing.
- Provide support for mid to large size product development projects.
- 4 year degree in Engineering, Manufacturing Management, Design or Prototype Engineering.
- 2 - 4 years experience in CAD production and product development and prototyping.
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks software.
- High level understanding of prototyping processes with an eye for symmetry and high detail.
- Comfortable with using automated equipment associated with rapid prototyping.
- Knowledge of materials and processes associated with mass production.