Software Engineer - Web
Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 225,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs. UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
ABOUT UCAREAt UCare, we deliver high-quality health coverage and services to help members of all ages maintain and improve their health. It's a big job that takes innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and a commitment to doing the right thing. Above all, it takes a compassionate team that is dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and our communities. WORKING AT UCAREWorking at UCare is more than just a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization, and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Our values of integrity, community, quality, flexibility, and respect permeate every aspect of our organization - from who we are and how we act, to what we do and how we do it. We owe our continued success to our employees who proudly embody our mission and values in everything they do. SOFTWARE ENGINEER - WEB Position DescriptionAs part of the digital web service team, supporting web, SharePoint, CRM, mobile and other digital initiatives in a mission-focused organization, this position is responsible to design, develop, implement, test and analyze software programs and applications in an Agile environment. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production lifecycle. Also analyze and amend software errors and provide recommendations to enhance UCare's digital presence, including the development of a new website(s) and improved functionality for members. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with project leads, business analysts, end users and third party contacts to understand their needs and create compelling software solutions to satisfy them.
- Collaborate with other engineers, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and developing software solutions and applications.
- Plan phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) for a variety of projects in an Agile environment.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of software requirements and specifications as well as documentation for users.
- Research emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Responsible for following Information Services' Security, Change Management, Standard code development, and other policy and procedures.
- Assist in the maintenance and enhancements to the iOS mobile applications.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
- Write, translate and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement and general debugging.
- Analyze test results and defect logs to diagnose and solve problems.
- Generate and share data to provide visibility into the status of the software development and operations activities.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines.
- Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or appearance of company Web site and/or related Web applications as necessary.
- Collaborate with other members of the IS department to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Requires some after-hours support but this is minimal.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.