Press Brake Technical Specialist
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
- Receive, acknowledge and respond to customers inquiries in a timely, efficient manner
- Receive and review customer enquiries, including verbal, text, and 2D CAD and 3D Solid Models.
- Use Mate business systems to establish sell price and approximate lead time
- Provide pre and post sale technical support that enhances Mate
- Precision Toolings reputation for superior customer service and in-field technical support.
- Help keep customer profiles up to date with accurate tooling information
- Keep up to date on new product development, system improvements and departmental procedures
- Create and provide explanatory sketches and CAD files where applicable Provide technical, commercial and application guidance to internal and external staff Participate in key customer facing activities Some travel may be required, domestic and international Work with CS Team Members Display and deliver a positive attitude and respect toward other employees of Mate Precision Tooling Abide by the Mate Precision Tooling Employee Handbook. Also, follow instructions listed in the On-Line Resource / Customer Service Department Guidelines for specific departmental policies and procedure Other duties may be assigned by the Customer Service Manager
- Create sheet metal solid models where required
- Develop optimal bend sequences
- Calculate tonnage requirements
- Calculate open and shut heights where applicable
- Use product and process knowledge to provide press brake tooling product and process recommendations
- Experience in press brake tooling:
- Thorough understanding of sheet metal fabrication processes â€“ focus on press brakes and bending
- Thorough understanding of bending principles and terminology
- Thorough understanding of how various material types and thicknesses impact bending
- Strong practical experience with various tooling designs and applications
- Possesses strong spatial aptitude, is skilled at visualizing in two and three dimensions
- Knowledgeable in areas of CAD and software that is used in sheet metal fabrication â€“ SolidWorks Sheet Metal Module experience preferred
- Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent, minimum 12 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Fluency in Italian and/or Spanish is preferred
- Typing Skills
- Proficient typing skills are a requirement
- Computer Skills:
- 2D CAD system (2 to 3 years)
- 3D, Solid Modeling â€“ SolidWorks preferred
- DimensioningProductivity Software
- Excel, Word
- E-mail, Contact management, Calendar scheduling
- Proficient Internet use
- Other Requirements:
- Individual must be able to perform data entry requirements proficiently, lift up to 25 pounds occasionally, and access departmental files and equipment. Initial training requires cross training in the shipping department requiring standing, twisting and bending.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to visualize concepts in three dimensions.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages, perimeters, and tonnage.
- Ability to apply geometry and trigonometry.