Electrical Designer - Commercial
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Inginaire is looking for an Electrical Designer for our client in Fargo, ND. This person will play a key role in the successful execution of projects, focusing primarily on the production of AutoCAD drawings and/or 3D modeling. Reporting to a Senior Project Manager, the Electrical Designer is responsible for producing quality construction documents and coordinating design work with other engineering disciplines. The successful candidate will also be expected to work within a team environment and collaborate with other project team members. This is a direct hire opportunity.
- Lighting layout and design (interior, exterior, landscape, specialty, egress/exit and lighting controls)
- Utilize and create spreadsheets for electrical calculations
- Gather electrical data from clients, architects and other disciplines
- Coordinate work with other external stakeholders (civil and structural engineers, architects, food service companies, etc.)
- Estimate building electrical loads
- Size rooms (electrical, telecommunications equipment rooms and closets)
- Size motor feeders and starters
- Perform voltage drop calculations, short circuit calculations
- Layout electrical equipment ( panelboards, transformers, receptacles)
- Write construction observations, reports, etc.
- Edit master schedules (panelboards, motors, lighting fixtures, lighting controls)
- Effectively estimate hours and scope of work, thereby contributing to the creation of budgets and project schedules
- Five plus (5+) years design experience in a consulting and/or construction capacity.
- Basic understanding of Architectural, Electrical, Civil, and Structural Engineering construction practices.
- Working knowledge of Codes (e.g., NEC, NFPA, IBC, IFC, Energy Code, Life Safety Code, etc.).
- Application of Electrical Engineering Principles (e.g., Ohmsâ€™ law, selective coordination, grounding, harmonics, etc.).
- Knowledge of arc fault analysis (SKM Power Tool and Windows).
- Experience in the design of Low Voltage Systems (security, nurse call, telephone/data, paging, CCTV, MATV, other A/V).
- Design experience with medium voltage systems.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 quality control procedures for documents control purposes