Biology Adjunct Faculty
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
The University of St. Thomas invites applications for adjunct faculty positions in the Biology department. Positions are available to teach the following courses:
- Genetics, Ecology, and Evolution: This is an introductory course taken primarily by first semester freshman and serves as an introduction to the mechanisms of heredity, evolution, population genetics, and population ecology emphasizing hypothesis testing, case studies, and quantitative and experimental approaches to population biology. The course also has three hours of laboratory per week.
- Biology of Sustainability: This course is typically taken by sophomore students and covers the fundamental biology involved with five environmental issues at the global scale: climate change, excessive nutrient loading into ecosystems, agricultural production, chemical contaminants, and loss of biodiversity. The course has three hours of laboratory per week.
- Biology of Communication and Energetics: This is an introductory course in taken primarily by first year students in the major and serves as an introduction the structure and function of cells, and how structure and function drives organismal physiology and diversity. An instructor is needed for one laboratory section, Friday afternoons each week.
- Microbiology: This course is taken primarily by upper level biology majors. The course has three hours of lecture and four hours of laboratory each week
- Animal Behavior: This course is taken primarily by upper level biology majors. The course has three hours of lecture and four hours of laboratory each week
- Vertebrate Biology: This course is taken primarily by upper level biology majors. The course has three hours of lecture and four hours of laboratory each week
- Conservation Biology: This course is taken primarily by upper level biology majors. The course has three hours of lecture and four hours of laboratory each week
Further Course information can be found in the Undergraduate Course Catalog http://www.stthomas.edu/catalog/current/biol/
Information regarding Adjunct Faculty Benefits at the University of St. Thomas can be found in the Adjunct Faculty Benefit Guide.Qualifications:
Minimum qualifications for this position include a Master's degree in a related field of biology. Previous teaching experience is highly desirable.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good.
The University of St. Thomas is committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, and the goals of affirmative action/equal opportunity. The University welcomes nominations and applications from a diverse applicant pool.
The University of St. Thomas (UST), Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website. If you are viewing this posting from a site other than “Jobs at UST”, the University assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of information.
Special Instructions to Candidates:
UST is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All applications should be submitted online at http://www.stthomas.edu/jobsatust/, and must include 1) a curriculum vitae, 2) an unofficial copy of your graduate transcripts, and 3) a cover letter. Applicants will be asked to copy/paste their cover letter into their application. Please complete the reference section of the application with the names and contact information of three professional references. No references will be contacted without first getting the permission of the candidate.
At this time, please do not upload or send any documents