Principal Enterprise Strategy Development
- Lead project teams on strategy consulting-like engagements that identify and seek to harness enterprise or business unit growth opportunities
- Understand retail trends, competitors, and consumers to develop new concepts and businesses that meet future needs in the fast-evolving multi-channel retail landscape, both domestically and abroad
- Build and manage relationships with company executives, influencing decisions in line with business unit and enterprise strategy
- Collaborate cross-functionally and effectively influence without authority to drive business decisions and advance long-term strategic efforts
- Expand the team's knowledge base in one or more focus areas (e.g., functional, innovation, competitive intelligence)
- Coach and develop project team members consisting of ESD (Leads and/ or Sr. Analysts) and other company resources
- Act as member of the Enterprise Strategy Development leadership team, developing Team Members, helping set overall team direction, and representing the team's professional and fun culture
- 4-year college degree as well as post graduate degree (MBA preferred) with a minimum of three years of work experience after graduate school in strategic leadership roles. Equivalent of 5+ years of design experience with strong emphasis on design research, innovation, and experience prototyping in lieu of post graduate degree.
- Prior experience in engagement/ project leadership with a top management or innovation consulting firm (McKinsey, Bain, IDEO, Jump, etc.) or in a Fortune 100-level corporate strategy group.
- Track record of success in dealing effectively with complex projects and teams, including frequent interaction with senior executives
- 2+ years of people management experience required.
- Directly lead and/ or coach teams through a systematic approach to strategic problem solving such as disaggregation, design research, and/ or prototyping methodologies
- Strong conceptual skills, including ability to translate consumer research and observations into actionable opportunities
- Excellent listening and problem disaggregation skills
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation serves guests at stores nationwide and at Target.com. Target is committed to providing a fun and convenient shopping experience with access to unique and highly differentiated products at affordable prices. Since 1946, the corporation has given 5 percent of its income through community grants and programs like Take Charge of Education