Senior Infrastructure Architect - Network
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Senior Infrastructure Architect - Network position within the Information Technology Services (ITS) department.
This position is responsible for architectural guidance, design, and technology leadership using best practices for the wired and wireless network, voice, and video infrastructure architecture at St. Thomas. The person in this position will demonstrate problem solving, organizational, analytical, and communication skills. Additional responsibilities include:
- Translating industry trends, new products, and emerging technologies into a roadmap for St. Thomas. Lead engineering efforts to develop technology pilots, proof of concepts, and where appropriate, full production rollouts.
- Working with stakeholders, customers, senior leadership, and other ITS teams to identify both technical and business requirements for specific initiatives.
- Drive greater efficiencies, adaptability, and improvements to the network through increased automation and network intelligence.
- Troubleshooting and incident resolution, network engineering and configuration, coordination of upgrades and changes, migrations and installations as the business requires, follow through on assigned project tasks and ownership of issues in need of resolution.
This position is responsible for 24X7 support of systems and services.
This is a full-time, benefits eligible position. The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, long-term care, legal, and disability insurance coverages. Offerings also include retirement plans, flexible spending accounts, a health savings account, and an employee assistance program. The University provides tuition remission to its employees, spouses, and dependents. In addition, the University values a healthy work/life balance and has generous provisions for paid time off.Qualifications:
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, management or a field related to the work AND five (5) years of professional experience with infrastructure/enterprise systems and support. Comparable work experience is acceptable.
Preferred Qualifications: Previous experience in a higher education/instruction institute. Cisco certifications
- Technical competence and a broad-based understanding of information technology
- In depth knowledge of establishing architectural principles for network, voice, and video capabilities across the enterprise
- Advanced troubleshooting
- Critical thinking
- Analytical skills
- Ability to learn new technologies beyond areas of experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and both verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of ITIL practices; certification preferred
- Support and working knowledge of infrastructure/enterprise technologies, equipment, architecture principles, protocols, security, and system management practices
- Supporting mission critical production environments and planning and executing enterprise scale solutions to meet academic and business needs
- Working both collaboratively and independently in a sometimes ambiguous environment to determine methods and procedures for completing assignments, goals, objectives and activities and solving complex problems
- Vendor management including establishing and maintaining key relationships and partnerships; product and service negotiation
- Communicating to departments, vendors, and all levels of management
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. The successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas (UST), Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website. If you are viewing this posting from a site other than “Jobs at UST”, the University assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of information.
UST is an Equal Opportunity EmployerSpecial Instructions to Candidates:
Applicants will be asked to upload a resume to their profile and copy/paste a cover letter into the application.