Sr Engineering Manager
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Sr. Engineering manager, you'll take the lead as you…
- Manage overall software development cycle, driving best practices and ensuring development of high quality code to create a large scale, high-performing transactional ecommerce website.
- Build and lead a large team of high caliber software development engineers.
- Establish a team culture that demands a high degree of accountability, values innovation, fosters team connectivity and performance, and exhibits high commitment to team and product objectives.
- Architect and develop the best technical design and approach, specifically driving simple, reuseable designs; highly scalable and transactional website; and a high degree of automation.
- Advocate for technologies, frameworks, design patterns, processes that support the domain and enterprise guiding values of speed, simplicity, and stability.
- As a scrum master, lead the team to deliver against agile plans and demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement
- Drive resolution of technology roadblocks including code, infrastructure, build and deployment
- Manage cross-product technical dependencies and drive resolutions to conflicts
- Ensure all code adheres to all development & security standards
- 8+ years of engineering (software development) experience. Experience with at least one full cycle implementation from requirement to production. Experience in building/implementing high performance & scalable server-side applications
- 3+ years of managing software development teams with a strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
- Experience operating small to medium scale systems
- Experience with test-driven development and software test automation
- Strong sense of ownership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to variety of audiences
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience in web frameworks like AngularJS, Backbone, and ReactJS
- Experience building adaptive or responsive websites using UI technologies like HTML5, CSS3
- Experience designing, building, and operating large scale, transactional websites
- Exposure to DevOps tools, process and culture
- Contribute back to the Open Source community is desirable
- Extensive experience working in an agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)