Android Engineer/ Sr. Android Engineer
JOIN US AS A SR. ANDROID ENGINEER
About This Opportunity
Target is one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's leading retailers. Our guests love our commitment to continual innovation and right now, we are up to big things. Our goal is to deliver Target's unique brand promise to guests wherever and whenever they shop, today and tomorrow: in-store, online, on tablets and mobile phones, and in the retail channels of the future.
The challenges and scale are big. You'll have the opportunity to design, develop and support innovative solutions across a variety of applications, platforms and environments, building tomorrow's technologies and capabilities. You'll put your skills, experience and passion to work in an entrepreneurial environment and you'll have the stability and the commitment of a Fortune 40 company at your back.
Exciting opportunity to be part of a growing team and build new app from ground up. Opportunity to select the latest technology, framework and establish engineering best practices for the team.
As an Android Engineer/Sr. Android Engineer - you will:
- Explore new technologies in the retail and mobile space
- Establish standards and best practices for you and the team to deliver clean, scalable, and maintainable Android code
- Mentor and coach the engineering team and provide work direction
- Collaborate with Product and Design to establish and drive the product vision
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent military or industry experience
- 4-5+ years of software development experience
- 2-3+ years of experience developing apps for Android
- Experience with distributing mobile applications via public app stores and/or enterprise channels
- Excellent knowledge of working with dynamic data using services (e.g., JSON, XML, REST APIs etc)
- Experience performance profiling and tuning consumer facing mobile applications
- Excellent hands on skills with Android application development tools, including Android Studio, Android SDK and ADT
- Heroic get-it-done self-starter attitude
- Good communicator and team player with strong organizational skills
- Proactively helps drive innovation within the company
- Experience integrating with Maven and using other third party frameworks tools and SDKs, such as Volley, Picasso and Stripe
- Experience with continuous delivery in mobile, including Test- or Behavior-Driven Design, code review, static analysis, continuous integration, automation and functional testing.
- Experience integrating social media platforms, including Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Experience with authenticated sessions using OAuth and authentication tokens
- Experience with iOS development
- Experience developing highly successful apps that enjoy wide scale distribution
- Experience building native apps and hybrid apps
- Experience with design/development/use of analytics and tracking solutions (e.g., Signal, Flurry, Google Analytics)
- Experience with agile methodology
- eCommerce software engineering experience