Sr Specialist Merch Process
Manages all logistical information for assigned cross functional (CFT) process and documentation, including calendars, tools and related training materials to ensure process flows smoothly and deadlines are met. Serves as a primary resource for SharePoint and Wiki site management. Executes the creation of operating model tools used by cross functional teams across the operating model. Pulls and recaps measurements in reporting key functions to support Merch Process. Provides administrative support and performs varied administrative duties for the Merch Process team. Exercises considerable administrative judgment. Handles a high volume of work and is comfortable with extremely unpredictable nature of work flow.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
SharePoint Site & Wiki Page Management
- Functions as the site administrator to Merch Process created and owned SharePoint and Wiki sites, ensuring continuity and sustainability of documentation
- Manages SharePoint data structure, including forms, views, tags, access, permissions, etc.
- Determines tagging and file retention structures to ensure sustainability of best method library
- Collaborate with Operations and Cross Functional teams within Merchandising to ensure a consistent approach and continuity of SharePoint and Wiki sites
Best Method Management
- Creates and updates best method templates to ensure consistent application across the operating model
- Determines appropriate handling of out of date best methods and develops an archiving structure that allows for easy reference to past documents as needed
- Reviews documents for clarity and consistency and approves for posting. Ensures documents are accurately uploaded to the appropriate location
- Acts independently and proactively to review best method library and wiki pages to ensure information is saved in the most efficient and consistent manner and is kept current
- Takes on advanced roles and responsibilities, including special projects as assigned.
- Assumes expert role in additional Best Methods development for pyramids' operating model processes.
- Promotes consistency among the CFT's in the Operating Model.
Calendar Management and Process Knowledge
- Coordinates the development of operating model calendars including strategy sessions, design reviews, assortment planning sessions and sample reviews for assigned pyramid(s).
- Liaison between Merchandising CFT's on process and calendar issues. Works to develop Best Methods of communication and planning.
- Plans and oversees the execution of milestone scheduling in partnership with Merch Admins.
- Creates shell of multiple Calendars for assigned pyramid(s) for leadership review in considering key meetings or holiday conflicts.
- Demonstrates broad understanding of resources and contacts for the Merchandising CFT Operating Model process based on extensive cross functional nature of team.
- Field questions from all groups
- Problem-solve scheduling/logistical issues
- Manage broad communication of Process updates
- Provides training and mentoring to Administrative Assistants on Operating Model Process.
- Performs leadership/captainship roles in pyramid
Reporting & Measurements
- Pulls, analyzes and recaps data from various resources in order to report on key operating model measurements
- Runs financial and assortment reports
Tools and Presentations
- Supports the development of tools to improve process and Operating Model workflow (i.e. measurement and coding projects, excel and access tools, tracking, printing and coding emails and setting up generic email accounts, etc)
- Works with Merch Process team on development of extensive presentations for all levels of management including Senior Management, Overseas Team and multiple HQ Pyramids. Presentations include, training materials and documentation including Visio, Excel, Word and PowerPoint presentations.
- Organizes training, including scheduling rooms, extensive invite lists, set up of all technical equipment, copies of presentations and documentation.
- Excellent proofreading skills and attention to detail; work must consistently look professional.
- Strong organizational skills. Must be able to successfully handle conflicting time demands. Able to maintain focus to task completion with little direction or need for supervisory follow-up.
- Responsible for Merch Process inbox / calendar management, arranging appointments and conference calls as needed. Maintains Executive Vacation Calendar, Master Calendar and Gantt Calendars of department events/meetings/travel.
- Review and prioritize incoming email and monitor need for responses from personal and Merch Process specific mailboxes. Route various materials as required.
- Ability to work in team-oriented environment. Maintain a positive, can-do attitude with focus on respect of others. Demonstrate willingness to provide assistance to others as needed.
- Draft memos, forms, reports and general correspondence to cross-functional client teams, vendors, and management regarding projects, initiatives, and general business model updates
- Receive/screen telephone calls from client groups and work to drive resolution or connect client to proper contact for solution.
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with internal/external client groups.
- Maintain status and subject files for calendar and specified projects. Establish, organize and maintain an efficient file storage/retrieval system on history of projects, best methods, and other tools used internally.
Reports to the Director, Merchandising Process. Works closely with Merch Process Director, Lead and Senior Business Partners Merch Process and other operations teams. Works closely with Administrative Assistants within the assigned pyramid(s) and Merchandising, MPD, BP&N, Pricing and Promotions COE, Marketing, Item COE.
- College Degree or equivalent work experience
- Global understanding of Merchandising and the timelines for product development
- Microsoft proficiency (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Sharepoint and Visio)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to be extremely flexible and adaptable to constantly changing demands.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Keen organizational skills with ability to multitask
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- High sense of urgency/initiative
- Demonstrated leadership in department/division
- Demonstrated strong performance in current position
- College degree in Business or related field
- Target Merchandising, National Brand experience
- Understanding of promotional processes