Administrative Assistant I - St. Paul Seminary School of Divinity
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for an Administrative Assistant I position within the St. Paul Seminary School of Divinity.
Reporting to the Director of Advancement Operations, this position performs a range of administrative support functions including, but not limited to, managing the Raiser’s Edge database, processing donor pledges/gifts for both SPS and SJV and assisting the Institutional Advancement Office by performing queries, prospect research and data entry functions, as well as administrative support for related fundraising events.
1. Manages Raiser’s Edge Database
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of RE data, including input and output, technology management and end-user training and support
- Develops and maintains efficient systems for data cleansing, data entry, gift processing, prospect research, and relationship management.
- Develops and maintains all procedures related to data entry, reports and queries and maintains appropriate and accurate prospect and solicitation coding.
- Completes NCOA updates, postal soft corrections and online searches for updated information. Routes recent obituaries which involve a relationship with SPS/SJV.
2. Assists in donor relations by processing pledges/gifts, prepares acknowledgements and receipts for both SPSSOD and SJV:
- Enters gifts and pledges; processes recurring gifts
- Generates thank-you letters in an efficient and effective manner
- Generates and distributes monthly pledge reminders
- Maintains gift documentation files
- Processes matching gift forms
- Responds to donor inquiries as needed
3. Supports the Business Office and Institutional Advancement Staff
- Prepares batch transaction reports for the Controller’s Office and conducts regular reconciliation with accounts payable office.
- Creates queries, reports and mail lists in support of Advancement activities, including internal and external events, appeals and publications.
- Provides data/administrative support for Advancement team.
This is a full-time, benefits eligible position. The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, long-term care, legal, and disability insurance coverages. Offerings also include retirement plans, flexible spending accounts, a health savings account, and an employee assistance program. The University provides tuition remission to its employees, spouses, and dependents. In addition, the University values a healthy work/life balance and has generous provisions for paid time off.Qualifications:
Minimum qualifications: High school education or the equivalent and one year of administrative support experience.
Preferred qualifications: a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; experience to include customer service, working with donors, and the usage of Raiser’s Edge software.
Knowledge of: Business arithmetic; correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation; techniques for dealing with the public, in person and over the telephone; performing detailed office support work accurately; the use of specified computer applications involving word processing, data entry and standard report generation; standard office practices and procedures, including filing and the operation of standard office equipment; business letter writing and the standard format for typed materials; record keeping principles and practices.
Skill in: Making accurate arithmetic calculations; understanding and following oral and written directions; establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work; speaking English effectively to communicate in person or over the telephone; performing detailed office support work; maintaining accurate office files; composing correspondence independently or from brief instructions; skill in typing correspondence, entering numerical and related information into a computer system with speed and accuracy; meeting critical time deadlines; using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines; contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities; dealing successfully with the public, in person and over the telephone.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. The successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas (UST), Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website. If you are viewing this posting from a site other than “Jobs at UST”, the University assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of information.
UST is an Equal Opportunity EmployerSpecial Instructions to Candidates:
Applicants will be asked to upload a resume to their profile and copy/paste a cover letter into the application.