Urban Transportation - Sr Manager Logistics
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
JOIN US AS AN URBAN TRANSPORTATION - SR MANAGER LOGISTICSThis role is responsible for sourcing capacity solutions which deliver consistency at an optimized cost for flexible format stores throughout the United States. Target's Flexible Format stores are small-format stores designed to provide on-the-go guests with a quick shopping experience. These stores unlock unique opportunities that have dramatically different attributes than a standard format Target store. These attributes include but are not limited to, small or no backroom, small sales-floor capacity, no delivery dock, and physical delivery access constraints.
- Plan and execute of sourcing events for Flexible Format locations; ensuring accurate and timely pricing
- Working closely with the Flexible Format operational teams to determine capacity needs
- Review, revise, and negotiate capacity solutions to support Flexible Format locations
- Create, review, complete and maintain Carrier and Shipper Agreements
- Review and negotiate 3rd party provider contracts (Carrier and 3PL)
- Collaborate with legal department regarding contracts and other legal matters
- Monitor and review carrier performance vs expectations with operational teams; supporting carrier performance management
- Develop and execute analysis and reports pertaining to historical/current transportation network plans and data
- Own multiple 3rd party provider relationships and performance management (Carrier and 3PL)
- Lead projects as assigned and delegating responsibility to others within the team for contribution to the projects
- Coordinate and enhance reporting to support daily, weekly, and monthly activities
- 4-year degree
- Proven expertise in developing and executing strategies for complex retail store deliveries. Including but not limited to dense urban markets, pool point logistics, and unattended deliveries for both general and perishable merchandise.
- Proven expertise in performance management of 3rd party providers.
- Proven expertise in modeling and pricing transportation networks
- Proven ability to communicate clearly in difficult situations.
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate with multiple business partners (internal and external)
- Project management experience
- Negotiations experience
- Clear communication and presentation skills
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Transportation Systems experience including working knowledge of JDA transportation management solutions
- Experience with SAP, SciQuest, or equivalent sourcing tool
- Working knowledge of Transportation EDI standards