Adjunct Faculty - Physics Department
The Department of Physics invites applicants for a temporary adjunct faculty position beginning on January 30, 2017, pending budget approval.
Responsibilities: Primary responsibility is teaching PHYS 1120, the second semester of the 2 semester sequence of calculus based introductory physics. A mix of physics majors, pre-engineering students, chemistry majors, math majors and pre-med students takes this course. Typical enrolment is 10-20 students. Prerequisites include PHYS 1110 and Calculus I. Calculus II is a co-requisite
Times: Lecture: 9:35-10:40 MWF starting Jan 30th. Finals week is the week of May 15th (15 week semester); Lab Section 1: 1:30-3:30 W; Lab Section 2: 3:30-5:30 W
• Design interactive lectures/activities for each class period.
• Teach weekly lab sections by either designing new or modifying current labs using available equipment.
• Administer and grade provided diagnostic tests at start and end of semester.
• Set up/tear down labs in coordination with TA and other professors.
• Hold office hours at least 2 hours per week.
• Grade homework, tests, daily assignments, and other assignments as assigned.
• Keep D2L course website up to date with all required class materials.
• Assign grades and monitor student progress.
Requirements: Master's in Physics is required, Ph.D. preferred. Two years of physics teaching experience preferred.
Resources Provided: TA assigned for lab duties including setup help, help during lab and grading of labs for 7-8 hours per week; Knight Physics textbook with calculus Edition 3 and all instructor resources including chapter guides and power points; All materials for last 4 years of class offerings.
St. Catherine University seeks creative, adaptable faculty who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply as are those who will contribute to a diverse candidate pool. Consistent with the university's Catholic identity, its commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their teaching, research and service.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org