Associate Vice President for Marketing Strategy
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for an Associate Vice President for Marketing Strategy position within the Marketing and Communications Department.
As one of the two most senior members of the marketing and communications team, the Associate Vice President (AVP) for Marketing Strategy will play an essential leadership role and report directly to the CMO. The incumbent leads the group responsible for working closely with all schools/colleges/functions and will have direct responsibility for maintaining strong working relationships with all clients, deeply understanding the needs of each and developing marketing campaigns and programs to meet client goals. The incumbent will lead a 10 team of “embedded” marketers who must partner with clients to set clear strategies, including definition of key audiences. This person will work jointly with the insights/analytics team to uncover compelling insights to drive future campaigns and will determine which key messages work most effectively to compel target groups to act. This person will also work closely with the AVP, Creative Director to ensure the creation of high quality marketing campaigns and assets. This person will have a strong background in digital/social advertising to help St. Thomas develop competencies with these vehicles.
1. Development of Marketing Strategy − Lead the development of marketing strategies for each of the schools/colleges/functions and the Institution of St. Thomas itself, including setting clear objectives, identifying key audiences, understanding which messages are most compelling, selecting the right media vehicles, etc.
2. Evaluation of Creative Campaigns – Work closely with the Creative Director to select the best marketing expressions of each creative campaign. Work closely with the Director of Insights/Analytics to read the impact of each campaign and make recommendations to improve.
3. Collaboration with University & MIC Leaders – Provide visible leadership and expertise to assist University Leaders in setting strategic objectives & choosing compelling messaging. Work closely with the MIC Leadership team to creative an open, collaborative, results-oriented culture.
4. Team Leadership – Lead and manage a team of marketing professionals responsible for various marketing activities who are located throughout the University. This includes hiring, supervising, training and developing staff and direct reports. Create team-like environment whereby members are working toward similar outcomes and are able to cover for one another in someone’s absence. Create joint accountability for results with internal client teams.
5. Other duties as required.
This is a full-time, benefits eligible position. The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, long-term care, legal, and disability insurance coverages. Offerings also include retirement plans, flexible spending accounts, a health savings account, and an employee assistance program. The University provides tuition remission to its employees, spouses, and dependents. In addition, the University values a healthy work/life balance and has generous provisions for paid time off.Qualifications:
Minimum qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, communications, journalism, or a related field and ten years of progressively responsible experience in a marketing and marketing lead position to include experience with digital and social advertising.
Preferred qualifications: MBA
Knowledge of: Marketing: Ability to understanding branding, select marketing messages, execute advertising campaigns and interpret results. Understands design and smart copy, and recognizes fresh approaches to advertising. Experience and understanding of digital/social advertising.
Skills in: Strategic thinking/critical reasoning: Must be a strong strategist with the ability to focus and prioritize. Analytical Skills: Ability to analyze trends, look at new data and remain current with marketing trends and changes in technology. Decision-Making Skills: Ability to meet deadlines and make timely decisions on final marketing products. Must be able to use independent judgment to fulfill the responsibilities of this position. Leadership and Management
Skills: Participate actively as a senior leader in the MIC department. Ability to inspire and motive team to a common goal. Strong mentor and coach to direct reports.
Abilities: Influence and Communication Skills: Skill in working collaboratively with leadership and clients on a regular basis. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to present ideas clearly and concisely and create enthusiasm among stakeholders. Comfort interacting with clients and internal staff alike.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. The successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website. If you are viewing this posting from a site other than “Jobs at St. Thomas”, the University assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of information.
Special Instructions to Candidates:
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants will be asked to upload a resume to their profile and copy/paste a cover letter into the application.