3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
JOIN US AS AN ENGINEERTarget is one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's leading retailers. But behind the brand our guests love, is a culture of continual innovation - and right now, we are up to big things. The Target Technology Team is driving a transformation in retail, one that will move us from “brick-and-mortar and online” to “bricks-and-mortar and everywhere else.” Our goal is to deliver Target's unique “Expect More. Pay Less.” promise to guests wherever and whenever they shop, today and tomorrow: in-store, online, on tablets and mobile phones, and in the retail channels of the future. You can be a part of developing and launching new services that power all the channels where Target does and will do business. You'll have the opportunity to design, develop and support innovative solutions across a variety of applications, platforms and environments. You'll put your skills, experience and passion to work in an entrepreneurial environment where success is rewarded.We are looking for highly motivated engineering professionals who can connect the in-store experience to the digital environment by creating scalable and seamless multi-channel experiences without losing the brand we are known for. Individuals in this role will have opportunities to gain a large breadth of knowledge by working with experts in the eCommerce, multichannel retail, product management and software engineering fields.About This OpportunityAs an Engineer, you are a software developer with an entrepreneurial streak. You will build great products - ready to do whatever it takes to build scalable guest focused, world class applications. You have good problem solving skills. You love keeping abreast of the latest industry trends and use them to help you innovate. You have leadership qualities, good judgment, clear communication skills.Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As an Engineer, you'll take the lead as you…
- Build Java applications that meet Enterprise requirements such as scalablity, modularity, security and simplicity and performance.
- Enhance Target's Engineering Practice, e.g. take part in the DevOps journey
- Collaborate and foster a cooperative culture both within the product team and the larger organization.
- Build Java services support high demand (high TPS / throughput, fault tolerant, flexible in an MDHA environment)
- Build data intensive products on components such as Apache Kafka, Camel, Storm or Spark.
- Secure applications in an environment of regulatory compliance.
- Commit to the Open Source community.
- Develop end-to-end functionality of a Java product line.
- Testing and debugging at the enterprise level.
- Participate in large-scale, complex code and design reviews.
- In complex and unstructured situations, create and improve standards and best practices to ensure high-performance, scalable, repeatable, and secure deliverables.
- Ability to write high performing and stable services in Service Oriented Architecture