Ranked Professor - Sonography
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
The Department of Sonography invites applicants for a full time faculty position beginning in January 2017, pending budget approval. Rank and salary commensurate with education and experience.
• Provides leadership in planning and coordinating departmental programs which include evaluation, development,
and revision of courses and curricula.
• Facilitates the development of a relationship-centered learning environment.
• Recognizes learning styles and capabilities of students; Mentors students.
• Exhibits enthusiasm and engagement in the learning process.
• Creates an atmosphere that is respectful of diversity, and welcomes all learners.
• Actively participates in the department and college and supports the policies/procedures as they reflect the mission.
• Facilitates the development and communication of appropriate learning goals.
• Identify content and learning resources and organize learning experiences appropriate to the learning goals.
• Utilize alternative teaching methods, when necessary and appropriate, to promote the likelihood of student success.
• Apply current content, technology, and methodology in sonography.
• Evaluate student performance regularly, providing students with prompt feedback regarding their progress.
• Responsible for maintaining relationships with clinical sites.
• Monitoring students in the clinical experience at the facilities.
• Promoting the growth of the program and aiding in adding clinical sites for students.
Requirements: RDMS for a minimum of three years; Master's degree or completion by 5/31/2017; a minimum of one year higher ed. teaching experience; a minimum of five years of experience scanning in a healthcare environment.
St. Catherine University seeks creative, adaptable faculty who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply as are those who will contribute to a diverse candidate pool. Consistent with the university's Catholic identity, its commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their teaching, research and service.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org