We're the team that making history in modernizing a mainframe based monolithic application into a distributed data pipeline for all of Target's inventory. It's not an everyday job that you'll get to build a complete Inventory management system ground up that scales to a large Retailer need. Also, our humble claim is that some of the technologies we've chosen, and level of automation at each layer of our solution stack we are pursuing, makes our job is very exciting. And we still think that we have just started.
We are looking for a creative and motivated individual who can both lead and implement, is eager to learn, and wants to help build the culture, practice, and craft of DevOps and Agile at Target. The key to the success of this position is ability to work well with others regardless of their level or background, solid engineering expertise, collaboration, and a self-motivated working style.
What You Will Be Doing
·A member of the Inventory team with a focus on helping teams develop better software via Automation, Monitoring, Performance, Deployment, and Configuration Management.
·Participate in Agile Sprints in creating services to enable automated builds of predictable, high-quality infrastructure.
·Participate in a Full stack ownership team and provide operational support to our product and platform
·Build and continuously improve reference applications to make it easier for product teams to deliver reactive applications fast.
·You'll be hands on with tools: Git/Github, Chef, Artifactory, HipChat, Jenkins, OpenStack, kafka, and Open Source software to build automated testing and delivery pipelines
·Experience with Lean and/or DevOps practices
·Experience or knowledge of continuous integration and deployment
·Experience with provisioning and automation platforms
·Exposure to image based deployment.
·Familiarity with Java, Spring Cloud/Boot, Cloud Design Patterns
·Experience with Agile software development practices (Scrum, TDD, XP)
·Experience with Docker Container technology and Kubernetes Container Orchestration
·Exposure to High Scale Stream Processing Architecture
·Expertise in OpenStack private cloud
·You are passionate about staying on top of new and evolving technologies
- You have the natural ability to design highly scalable applications
- You have innovative mindset - willingness to push new ideas into the company
- Highly productive coder, self-starter and self-motivated
- You are already well-versed with distributed computing and DevOps. You are comfortable in adopting latest technologies.
- 5+ years of experience building web or enterprise scale applications. Experience or exposure in Cloud-based Concepts and Technologies
What's In It for You
·Work in an amazing, innovative environment
·Work along side and learn from experts at Target that are well respected in both internal and external communities
·Join an intelligent and fun team positioned to help drive Target's future successRequirements
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years total work experience
- Has in-depth knowledge of state-of-the art engineering technical approaches in design, build, testing, debugging problems as required by domain
- Maintains technical knowledge within areas of expertise
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education