Software Engineer - Business Intelligence
Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota's leading health plans. We provide more than 225,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs. UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We're an organization that's going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
ABOUT UCARE At UCare, we deliver high-quality health coverage and services to help members of all ages maintain and improve their health. It's a big job that takes innovative ideas, strategic partnerships, and a commitment to doing the right thing. Above all, it takes a compassionate team that is dedicated to making a real difference in the lives of our members and our communities. WORKING AT UCARE Working at UCare is more than just a career; it's a mission. A mission that defines us as professionals, unites us as an organization, and shapes how we interact with our members and each other. Our values of integrity, community, quality, flexibility, and respect permeate every aspect of our organization - from who we are and how we act, to what we do and how we do it. We owe our continued success to our employees who proudly embody our mission and values in everything they do. SOFTWARE ENGINEER - BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE Position Description This position is responsible to follow established software development standards and policies. This position will design, develop, implement, test, and analyze software programs and applications. The key scope is to facilitate the identification, analysis, development, manipulation and reporting of claims and other health insurance business data and information to gain knowledge of the factors that affect overall company performance. Performing testing, coordinating user acceptance testing, facilitating meetings within your function, and performing research and analysis are other functions in which you will deliver excellence.
- Design and implement SSAS cubes including tabular models and analytical models.
- Develop reports using SSRS or other industry tool as well as concepts around dashboard design for information delivery.
- Process database change requests, including the creation and modification of database tables, views, stored procedures, triggers and jobs in accordance with the business intelligence platform. Maintain reliability of database by developing and implementing standards and/or process for database maintenance, documentation and configuration.
- Will work in an agile environment, participate in sprint planning sessions and collaborate with team members with diverse areas of expertise, but with the same software delivery goal.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of report requirements and specifications.
- Research and document requirements of report users.
Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
- Run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging. Collaborate with ETL developers to design, develop, test, maintain, and support the data architecture to ensure optimal performance and reporting flexibility while maintaining data warehouse quality standards.
- Acquire and maintain expertise in UCare data elements and how the data elements relate to specific UCare product line.
- Provide mentoring, guidance and training on how to most effectively use the Microsoft Business Intelligence reporting and analysis tools.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You'll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.