On-Call Registered Nurse
The University of St. Thomas invites applications for an On-Call Registered Nurse.
The Registered Nurse (RN) performs a wide variety of job duties, caring for and educating patients including:
- Provide clinical health services; physical and emotional assessment, intervention, referral and follow-up to students, according to ANA guidelines and Health Services (HS) Standing Orders.
- Maintain the optimum flow of patients through the clinic by rooming, documenting vital signs, chief complaint, current medications and allergies.
- Assist students in identifying appropriate referrals for specific health insurance utilization needs.
- Facilitate all medication refill orders communicating with provider, patient and pharmacy as indicated
- Coordinate monitoring and communication of required immunizations, TB testing and monitoring and education according to CDC, State of MN, & Health Services guidelines
- Provide accurate, HIPAA compliant documentation and communication with all patient encounters and phone calls.
- Maintains open line of communication among clinical, clerical and professional staff.
This on-call position does not have a set schedule and will be on an as needed basis. This position is not benefits eligible.Qualifications:
Qualifications: MN RN liscensure. Current CPR certification. 2 years outpatient clinic experience - preferrably in a college setting. BSN preferred.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. The successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website. If you are viewing this posting from a site other than “Jobs at St. Thomas”, the University assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of information.
Special Instructions to Candidates:
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants will be asked to upload a resume when creating their profile and to copy/paste a position specific cover letter into their application for this position.