Lead Project Manager
PRIMARY FUNCTIONResponsible for all aspects of one of more projects and/ or programs including assembling project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES1. Provides project management leadership for one or more projects within a business area throughout the project lifecycle process, ensuring projects meet strategic business requirements and are completed on time and within budget.
- Utilizes project management tools, methods and best practices to assemble project plans that align project with expectations of sponsors and stakeholders, and meets business needs.
- Manage gathering of detailed customer requirements, constraints, and assumptions with stakeholders in order to establish the project deliverables.
- Manages the initial task level estimation information to be utilized as a baseline for resources needs.
- Determines resource needs, assigning individual tasks and responsibilities to project team, and developing schedule to ensure timely completion of project.
- Documents high-level risks, assumptions, and constraints using historical data and expert judgment in order to understand project limitations.
- Manages the tasks as defined in the project plan (from initiation through delivery/final implementation).
- Monitors and coordinates the work of the project team, performing quality review and escalating functional, quality or timeline issues appropriately.
- Manages project related documentation (project definition, test plans, requirements definition, etc.)
- Manages project scope, progress, and client expectations.
- Creates the communication plan for projects including frequency and format.
- Conducts a kick-off meeting with all key stakeholders in order to announce the start of the project and review the overall project plan and gain consensus.
- Ensures a common understanding by setting expectations in accordance with the Project Plan, in order to align the stakeholders and team.
- Communicates project updates as needed to stakeholders.
- Responsible for estimating resource time for specific tasks with a project plan
- Responsible for forecasting resource demands in regard to needed skills sets/ competencies for the successful completion of projects.
- Responsible for tracking key milestones and adjusting project plans and/ or resources to meet the needs of customers
- Monitors the interdependencies between projects in the program, addressing escalated issues among the projects, and implementing proactive interventions.
- Manages project change in accordance with the change management plan to control scope, quality, schedule, cost, and contracts.
- Responsible for accurately maintaining data in project governance tools, including project plan estimates (ETC's), project spend, burn rate, and resource time tracking.
- Ensures project controls are in place and integrates project data for decision makers
- Addresses resource related project issues by identifying and selecting a course of action by taking into account the project constraints and objectives in order to enable continued project progress.
- Establishes alliances with other departments and organizations by recognizing dependencies in order to assess potential partnership and commitment to project.
- Interfaces with all areas affected by the project including end users and service providers.
- Ensures partnership with quality audit, security, and governance bodies to ensure standards are fulfilled.
- Assists with the identification and assembly of Steering Committees and or escalation paths as needed.
- Ensures partnership between technical and non-technical departments in order to ensure that all targets and requirements are met.
- May participate as a stakeholder or on a Steering Committee as required by the project/ program.
- Acts as a mentor to peers and project team and identifies training and developmental opportunities
- Promotes team performance by building team cohesiveness and motivating in order to facilitate cooperation, ensure project efficiency and boost morale
- Responsible for the examination of project contributions by all project members and provide feedback to their leaders
- Stays current with the capabilities of primary toolsets
- MBA or equivalent experience
- 7-9 years total experience
- Strong retail business knowledge
- Strong interpersonal, verbal presentation and written communication skills
- Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques.
- Expertise in program management, portfolio management methodologies and tools.
- Expert understanding of the AGILE methodology and can apply them appropriately depending on the type of project that he/she is leading.
- Knowledge of project management tools, methods and best practices such as those defined by the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
- PMP Certified
- SCRUM Master
- Strong retail supply chain knowledge
- Experience utilizing problem solving and analytical skills
- Quantitative business case development
- Strong financial acumen