Maintenance Engineer - Facilities Department
St. Catherine University seeks a full-time Engineer in its Facilities Management Department. The Engineer is responsible to independently perform regular preventative maintenance of mechanical, heating, air conditioning, ventilation and plumbing systems for all campus buildings and facilities. This incumbent, with assistance as needed, will have the ability to find a problem, diagnose it, and order parts as needed. Under terms of the union agreement, the incumbent will be available for call-in as determined by the supervisor. Hourly rate of pay is $30.10/hour in addition to a University contribution of $4.89 per hour to the Union pension fund.
• Maintain heating systems - boilers, steam lines, condensate lines, traps, thermostats, etc.
• Maintain plumbing systems and perform drain cleaning duties.
• Maintain HVAC systems - air handlers, ducting, coils, filters, chillers, towers, converters, pumps, refrigeration, etc.
• Install or repair various appliances - stoves, refrigerators, dishwashers, disposals, etc.
• Daily rounds of assigned facilities to ensure proper function of equipment
• Maintain the Building Maintenance system. (Energy Management)
• Other related duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or GED required
• Technical schooling related to HVAC, steam heating systems or pipe fitting preferred
• Must have a Minnesota Second Class C boiler license to be eligible for this position.
• Minimum of three years applicable experience preferred.
• Knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) preferred
• Skilled in the use of power and hand tools.
• Ability to work independently or as a part of a team.
The successful candidate must have the ability to respond respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, in a manner that affirms the worth and preserves the dignity of individuals, families and communities.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer, Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org