Director Product Management- Finance
PRIMARY FUNCTIONThe Director of Product Management creates the overall vision for their products by developing business strategies, roadmaps, and portfolio optimization plans. This role is accountable for prioritizing initiatives, establishing organization and program Objectives & Key Results (OKRs), managing the product group's budget and financials, establishing short and long term resource plans, delivering program initiatives, and maintaining customer relationships.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates the vision, strategies, and roadmaps for their product groups.
- Understands the landscape of current technology, how trends will affect the product in the future, and how to communicate with technology teams to ensure they understand the business needs and objectives.
- Coordinates across product scrums to ensure that every team has defined scope, clear objectives, business value associated with the work, and defined prioritization
- Oversees progress against product backlogs to ensure work and priorities are in line with product strategy and goals.
- Makes final decisions on any scope changes and prioritization of key features.
- Collaborates with customers and outside stakeholders to ensure that business needs are met while supporting their product teams to achieve planned outcomes.
- Owns business value generation and the economic cost to deliver.
- Selects and manages some vendors for the product.
- 12+ years experience, including 5+ in a product strategy role
- 3+ years experience managing a team of 5+ people
- Experience creating and managing a budget
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Deep experience working in an agile environment (e.g. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
- Experience with technology and ability to facilitate communication between business and tech teams
- Experience in either Finance or Technology organization
- Prior retail experience
- SAP experience
- Agile certification
- Product Owner certification
- MBA or CPA