Advisor - Office of Global Studies
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
St. Catherine University seeks a part-time, 0.5FTE Advisor in its Office of Global Studies. The Advisor will coordinate the advising and application processes related to students studying on affiliate programs and will manage this process from the promotion of programs through re-entry. This position is approximately 25 hours a week from late August to early June and is benefit eligible.
• Lead and manage the process for summer, semester and yearlong study abroad through affiliate providers including maintaining/updating program database, recruitment, advising, application, scholarships, pre-departure preparation, support upon return and assessment for all students.
• Provide work direction for administrative work of the office, including student workers.
• Oversee the overall marketing and promotion of affiliate programs via the website, database, print materials, and Study Abroad Fair.
• Represent Global Studies at St. Kate’s Admissions and Registration events and activities, at external study abroad meetings and conferences and as a Global Studies Advisory Committee Member.
• Work with the Director to conduct curriculum integration projects with 2-3 departments each year to identify and highlight specific study abroad opportunities for students in those majors/minors.
• Maintain appropriate interaction with other on- campus departments and with off-campus colleagues at other colleges/ universities and with program representatives.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field required, with 2-5 years' experience in higher education, including advising students. Master's degree preferred.
• Successful candidate must have knowledge of study abroad programs and/or international experience such as studying, living or working abroad. Proficiency in a second language preferred.
• Candidate must have willingness and openness to provide service to students and work with faculty; must be flexible, able to work independently and often in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent organizational and oral and written communication skills required.
• Experience with Studio Abroad, Microsoft Office software, specifically Access, Excel, and Word; designing and/or maintaining web sites; familiarity with accounting procedures and processes preferred.
The successful candidate must have the ability to respond respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, in a manner that affirms the worth and preserves the dignity of individuals, families and communities.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer, Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org